Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storeing chicken

Kimmyqitty

Site Supporter
That's what I plan on doing. Bought a separate small freezer for the garage just for storing raw meat for the kitties. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure it will be fine as long as we rotate the meat and its not in there for more than a month at a time.

Kimmyqitty

Site Supporter
Was gonna grind up a months worth of raw meat, freeze it, then take it out to defrost as needed for them.

scorpius

Chirps & Massive Headbutts
That's what I plan on doing. Bought a separate small freezer for the garage just for storing raw meat for the kitties. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure it will be fine as long as we rotate the meat and its not in there for more than a month at a time.
Yep, same here. Bought a small, 5 cu ft freezer for freezing ground chicken. I use tupperware like containers, then bring out as needed, usually defrost one at air temp for 6 hrs or so and it's good to go.