Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Surprise Kitten!

VioletFae

Savannah Super Cat
Here is our new SV baby- my husband's Christmas gift!! He knows I am getting a kitten for him, but has not seen any photos :) (I've gone back and forth with about 10 kittens before finally settling on this guy =) This little smoke boy will be home for New Years!! I can't wait to have 2 kitties, and I know Vivi will be happy to have a playmate! I had to share my excitement with you guys, as I know you'll understand!!

I just read on another thread about smoke colors (had no idea)- chocolate, tawny, etc... What would you say this boy is?

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 48

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Great looking kitten VF! And I agree he'll look nice with Vivi.

Coloring reminds me of a devil's food swirl cake. ;)

Any name ideas yet, or will you wait for arrival before trying to find a name?

VioletFae

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks everyone! It will be pretty cool to have 2 rare color SVs :) But let's be honest, I am a sucker for that black nose!

Anyone else an 80's kid here? One of our favorite cartoons when we were little was David the Gnome, lol. I loved the fox, 'Swift', and am hoping to name him that. He reminds me of a little black fox or wolf... Hopefully hubby will like it too!

I also like the names Lucifer (from cinderella) & Vendetta (one of our fave movies). I thought 'Vivi and Vendetta' would be a cute pair!

Any other names come to mind?

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thanks everyone! It will be pretty cool to have 2 rare color SVs :) But let's be honest, I am a sucker for that black nose!

Anyone else an 80's kid here? One of our favorite cartoons when we were little was David the Gnome, lol. I loved the fox, 'Swift', and am hoping to name him that. He reminds me of a little black fox or wolf... Hopefully hubby will like it too!

I also like the names Lucifer (from cinderella) & Vendetta (one of our fave movies). I thought 'Vivi and Vendetta' would be a cute pair!

Any other names come to mind?

Very nice baby, VF! He is a smoke IMO...How old is he?

VioletFae

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks! What I meant was- is there something more specific than just 'smoke'? I read about it on another thread:

"smoke can come in any color of melanistic ; brown black, chocolate, cinnamon, and the dilute colors blue, lilac, fawn, and the modified dilute colors caramel, taupe, and carmel-fawn (or what ever a cinnamon modified dilute is called). It caused the silver inhibitor gene and makes a melanistic cat a smoke. Otherwise the cat is silver."

He was born on October 1st :)

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Maybe you could consider the name Fenn (short for Fennec, as in fox) and sounds kind of like Vendetta.