Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

SV-proof TP holder?

Rafiki

Site Supporter
We have begun our bathroom remodel today. Now I am starting to look at accessories. How "SV-proof" do you think this TP holder is? Rafiki tends to grab the end of the paper between both front paws and pull down. I am thinking that she can still shred it thru the bars but unraveling it may be more difficult.
1537838883835.png 1537838883835.png

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I use this. It gets knocked over occasionally but none of them have managed to get the lid off. Holds 3 rolls. Google stainless steel toilet paper canisters -- I think I got mine from Amazon. Home Depot has them too.
Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 7.03.31 PM.png

Rafiki

Site Supporter
The TP cage is for the single roll that is in use, not to store additional rolls. And yes, I am thinking that I may be nuts to consider spending this kind of $ to save a roll of TP!

David Z

Site Supporter
So I've searched for something that looks better to no avail. I do have ideas tho. Bein a sub contractor a sv proof toilet paper holder intrigues me.

You could get your contactor to build a toilet paper holder cabinet that fits in the wall, with a sliding door that matches your bath vanity cabinet doors.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I found searching amazon for "waterproof toilet paper holder" gave a lot of options, some uglier than others. We got ours from IKEA years ago and the top is a metal cover that hinges with a spring down over the top. It prevents them having fun unrolling although dedicated kitties can chew the underside I've found they lose interest with that. Mine are now so trained I replaced with this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073TF4951/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 and it works just fine...

Renee

Savannah Super Cat
Ah, Rafiki is wishful thinking! Way too much room to get a paw or two in there, but I'm rooting for you. Let us know how it goes.