Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Svs drinking habits

coco

Savannah Super Cat
Hi everyone

ive owned normal cats before and they used to drink very little and maybe had 2 wees a day

Coco ( my SV ), seems to drink 10 times a day or more and has 5 wees most days, is this normal for SVs ??? she has wet food so gets a lot of water that way, but seems to love water and drinking

Just wondered if thats about normal, like i say, im comparing her with the 2 moggies i had years ago that never really drank much

admin

Paige
Staff member
I think it depends on the cat, but if you are worried, perhaps you need to take Coco tot he vet...

My DSH drinks a water several times a day, since I started using fountains...my savannahs drink the same...

Kiangagirl

Savannah Super Cat
Hi everyone

ive owned normal cats before and they used to drink very little and maybe had 2 wees a day

Coco ( my SV ), seems to drink 10 times a day or more and has 5 wees most days, is this normal for SVs ??? she has wet food so gets a lot of water that way, but seems to love water and drinking

Just wondered if thats about normal, like i say, im comparing her with the 2 moggies i had years ago that never really drank much

My cats, especially my Savannahs, drink a lot of water. I think that's because they all have water fountains. I provided the fountains on purpose to encourage my cats to drink more water. Apparently they have fewer urinary tract issues if they are drinking plenty of water.