Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Sweet little Bella

P

Patrycja

She was my mother in laws kitten. She bought 4 savannahs, one for me for my birthday, the others she came to pick up from Maryland. We babysat them for a week and a half.

She did have a respiratory infection which a vet treated while in my care. Wonder if it could have been worse than just a plain old infection.

S

shelby

She was my mother in laws kitten. She bought 4 savannahs, one for me for my birthday, the others she came to pick up from Maryland. We babysat them for a week and a half.

She did have a respiratory infection which a vet treated while in my care. Wonder if it could have been worse than just a plain old infection.
It is very possible that she developed pneumonia.:>(

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Oh my poor girl :/ Your mommy took you home after we babysat you and we've come to find out today that you passed on. Little Bella was sweet and loving. I will miss her so much. I looked forward to seeing her when we came to visit family.

They found her laying on the floor by the dining table, breathing really hard. Rushed her to the vet and he said she was in distress. He asked how far they wanted to go with treatment but they didn't want her in any pain so they sent her on her way.

I only knew you for about two weeks, but I miss you and love you terribly. You were supposed to grow up to be a great cat! <3[/quote]
I'm so sorry, poor Bella :-(

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm wondering if this 'breeder' is still breeding... I've heard of this ploy too often- particularly in Sphynx... Act like you have to get rid of kittens you indiscriminately breed- that opens up your home to breed more..
It has happened in the Savannah community as well, I'm sorry to say :-(

DChap

Site Supporter

So sorry Patrycja. That's one of our (as a new kitty owner) greatest fears :(

P

Patrycja

Thanks to everyone's replies.

So sorry Patrycja. That's one of our (as a new kitty owner) greatest fears :(

I just hope Lowkey isn't from the same litter. Been watching him like a hawk. Hubby didn't even want to go to sleep in fear we'd wake up to him in the same way. Think we'll take him to the vet today. I'm not sure, but I think one of my cats got his eye. It's been droopy and has had gunk in it the past few days. I thought it would go away but it hasn't.

K

Kronos

Sounds like it could have been a heart problem. Often times it is a heart issue when symptoms are breathing/panting heavily, but can't be too certain. Poor poor kitten.

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
Patrycja, I am so sorry to read about Bella! She was a real cute baby. I am glad she had love even if for a very short time. Give your MIL our condolences please!