Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swollen Cheek

Christina_

Savannah Super Cat
Sofia was outside this afternoon on her long lead in the backyard. When my boyfriend brought her in, he said to take a look at her cheek. It looks like she got bit or something, but when i touch and massage it, she doesn't pull away or act like it hurts. I've made a vet appointment for the morning, but i'm not sure if i should be more concerned? So far it hasn't grown in size.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

admin

Paige
Staff member
Sofia was outside this afternoon on her long lead in the backyard. When my boyfriend brought her in, he said to take a look at her cheek. It looks like she got bit or something, but when i touch and massage it, she doesn't pull away or act like it hurts. I've made a vet appointment for the morning, but i'm not sure if i should be more concerned? So far it hasn't grown in size.
View attachment 8596 View attachment 8597 View attachment 8598

How is she behaving? Normal?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Ugh, that looks pretty nasty but I guess if it isn't getting bigger and she is acting normally I think it can wait until tomorrow.

Christina_

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks for your input! She'll be going for a visit to the vet tomorrow morning and provide an update!

Per Lausund

Staff member
Could be a bee, a swollen gland, bumped into something... Check her temperature, and if that's all right and she otherwise acts normally there should be no rush. But get her checked, not least teeth on that side.

Wyldthingz

Savannah Super Cat
Bee sting. In SVs sometimes they develop a sterile abscess. I have had numerous cats and kittens develop one after a sting for some reason. We get a lot of bees that come to the enclosure pond for water.