Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Teething... what age

Dandylions

Savannah Super Cat
Hi we have two10 month old f6sbt one of which has started chewing on random objects with her back teeth I did a quick Internet search and teething is normally at around 3 - 5 months with dsh kittens is it later with SVs bearing in mind they are later generation? could it be an issue with her adult teeth coming through or could there be another cause?

I haven't seen any problem with her teeth but haven't as yet got my fingers involved and had a good look. Any help appreciated thanks.

I haven't really seen any issues with teething here, but when I've heard of it in kittens- it is young. Spice- my cinnie girl who went home- had really bad teething pain for about a week. She exhibited chattering and I think drooling- and the ER vet and regular vet gave her some meds for it.

BUT molars tend to come in last so it still very well could be teeth. I would just keep an eye on her and ensure she's chewing appropriate toys and not cords or things that will hurt her.

Tigitodwitz

Savannah Super Cat
Yeah my kitten ended up swallowing what looked like a little black round rubber stopper. Luckily she needed to be spayed at the time so the vet spayed her and removed the object. I do not have any furniture with the rubber on the bottom and I have no idea where she got it from. I'm not sure if she was teething or not. Being a new savannah owner I had no idea how much baby sitting I'd be doing. She gets into EVERYTHING. She can open any cabinet, any drawer, etc. I've had to go through everything and get rid of or lock up anything I think would be hazardous. And she will worries me. I jump out of bed in the middle of the night if I hear any chaos to make sure she doesn't have something. She s such I bad girl. ;) I heard some Savannah's are like this and some aren't. But she's worth the extra care.

Dandylions

Savannah Super Cat
thanks guys ill keep an eye on what's she's chewing ... she wanted so much fuss yesterday too, hopefully she'll be over it in a couple of days .