Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

The Beast Eats!!

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Joe, is that dry, or is there milk in it? My wife has been attacked by DSH's wanting to get into the cereal bowl in the morning.
Rascal has a sweet tooth. I have to hide frosted pastries from him in the microwave. He also likes blueberry muffins.

L

Louie'sDad

Joe, is that dry, or is there milk in it? My wife has been attacked by DSH's wanting to get into the cereal bowl in the morning.
Rascal has a sweet tooth. I have to hide frosted pastries from him in the microwave. He also likes blueberry muffins.
Any particular brand? Louie prefers Entenmann's, but will eat any other brand as well. Must be something to do with our breeder. Selectively bred with eclectic eating preferences. :big grin:

Seriously, the Cheerios were dry. I believe that cats are lactose intolerant. Anyways, he was interested long enough for me to get a few shots of him with his head in the bowl.

It's interesting to me how cats, who are supposed to be so finicky, can have such varied tastes. For example, I once had a cat who loved ice cream, but Louie shows no interest. On the other hand, if I have butter on the table, Lou will jump up and start licking it. I let him enjoy a few before I take it away because of the lactose issue. Same goes for anything containing sugar or chocolate.

He likes texture, especially crunch, and will eat popcorn after tossing it around for awhile. Other surprising "treats" are beef, omelettes containing vegetables, salmon, tuna water, tuna salad, onions.

He ate like a lion yesterday, and was especially active. This morning he turns his nose up at his food and voices his lack of interest, yet, when I say "get the food, Louie", he comes running. Maybe he'd rather have coffee and a donut?

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Oh boy! I think you are probably right for the selective breeding eclectic preferences. I make the Grands cinnabon rolls and Rascal knows the smell. He loves to lick the icing and bite off a piece of the bread. My wife and Rascal have this intimate thing going with Haggen-Dazs ice cream. Talk about in your face. Butter---Rascal.
We had a DSH for my eldest son who absolutely loved peas. Mild mannered cat, right up until she figures out peas is on the dinner menu. Then she would lose it and pester and beg for a healthy serving. Bizarre.
Bacon? Insurrection. By all. Takes two to three people to make BLT's in the summer time. One to make, two to ward off the insurgents.