Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The big Loki bunny introduction

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Yes it finally happened today. Now that shots are done. Loki has settled in and frankly gotten bored with my room. the bunnies are in the living room since I wanted him to know that this was their territory and to be more cautious. he has been in the living room while supervised explored the home and has been exposed to the bunnies while they were in a cage never showed any signs of aggression. finally did the big intro tonight mostly since they both seemed very intrigued by each other and both were trying to sniff out. it went fantastically. Loki stayed still let the buns come sniff him and he started licking them and they licked him. neither showed aggression. At one point silus played chase with him ran a circle around the table then Loki ran away as silus chased and vice versa. quite surprised. I'm a happy momma

"Those who wander aren't always lost"

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I noticed today just how big they've gotten but then again they've been lazy and put on some weight lol. Silus weighted 13lbs before he got fat. I wouldn't be surprised if he was closer to 15lbs now. and Brena is a "mini" lop but wound up being just as big as the Flemmy. currently I feel like they are the same size as Loki which makes for a better introduction. I feel guilty because I put the claw covers on Loki just to be on the safe side. His claws were super sharp and all it would take is one swipe to kill a bun. at least for the initial introduction I wanted them on. He hasn't tried pawing them at all though.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Oh and I forgot to put away the plate I had some of his pate treat on. Brena took one sniff and started thumping and ran and hid. Haha she knew it was meat it freaked her out. But then again she freaks out when I cook meat. oops

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I just wanna squeeze those buns!! So happy the introductions went well. Its so cute that Silus and Loki were playing together...video!!

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I tried to take one but everytime there is a photo moment I am too late haha. Eventually

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Your buns are probably laughing on the inside over the new guy's lack of ears and overabundance of tail. Strangest bunny they ever saw.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
they probably feel bad for him lol. He doesn't cluck like them. bock bock bock. I blame them for the slew of Cadbury mini eggs I bought this week. my have the tables turned the bunnies rule the house. Loki rules me and the bunnies seem to rule him. Does anyone else feel this is a little backwards?