Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kitten Room

Niels

Savannah Super Cat
Monday my F2 kitten is coming.
Today i prepared the kitten room.
What do you think, any changes ?
I still have to put a blanket on the cage, he might hurt himself climbing on.
I washed the black blanket, will he still smell the other cats ? or do i better buy him a new one ?
I have another litter box, shall i put one more outside the cage ?
I closed everything so he can't go under the bed.
I also put something in front of the tv.
Because if he watch too much tv is bad for his eyes right ?

Attachments

• DSC00940.JPG
    DSC00940.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00941.JPG
    DSC00941.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC00942.JPG
    DSC00942.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 44

John Popp

Site Supporter
Picking up some scents of your other cats is probably more of a help than a hinderance.

For your crate, as was suggested to me, try tying some yarn from the top as otherwise small toys will inevitable wind up drown in the water dish.

Niels

Savannah Super Cat
Oke, i already thought of yarn but was afraid it could be harmful for the kitten.

I planned to put some items in the room with my other cat smell after a few days.
I figured he would be the quickest comfortable without strange smells.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
We never caged our boys when we brought them home.
They each spent time in the master bath, with snuggly beds, safe toys, their blanket from the breeder, litter box, scratching post, and food & water bowls.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
The cage is his safe place where he can go when he's tired or scared or just doesn't want to be bothered.

Niels

Savannah Super Cat
I covered 99% of them.
Maybe a part of 10cm i still need to cover.
The part on picture 3 is very thick cable and attached to the wall i can't remove that.

Before i had a cat who liked to bite through cables and it wasn't fun. rather very expensive.

Niels

Savannah Super Cat
We never caged our boys when we brought them home.
They each spent time in the master bath, with snuggly beds, safe toys, their blanket from the breeder, litter box, scratching post, and food & water bowls.

He will only spend a few hours in the cage the first day.
It will be his save spot.
It will also be used for time outs and maybe i put him there introducing the other cats.