Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

The perfect harness

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
So I come to find that the breeder I plan to get my fur baby from is leash training. He is getting used to the harness but it looks to be leather he seems to not like how heavy it is. Lays down in it. so I am looking for an alternative for once he gets here to continue his training. I am looking for something lightweight yet durable. Preferably wicking fabric. and secure I have seen a lot of Velcro I could feel better if there were clips along with Velcro or no Velcro at all because it tends to get stuck on fur. No rush but its something I'm not having luck finding that matches all the criteria. there is a sv breeder that makes adorable ones but they have only Velcro closures.

"Those who wander aren't always lost"

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I haven't found that ones with clips fit snugly enough for safety for my cats. I don't find they get stuck on the fur of a Savannah at all.

Kittens do typically lay down and flop about and pretend they cannot move when a walking jacket is put on... if you pick up a wand toy and start playing you usually find they miraculously regain movement just fine :)

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
any chewing habits on it? I was looking at mesh but thought it might not be durable enough. Easily chewed through. But if cats don't tend to chew on their harness it wouldn't be an issue.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
ok with my buns certain harnesses agrravate them and they start to chew but others they seem rather comfortable in. like the sweaters I was astounded they seemed so comfortable in them but a normal harness for a small dog or cat they wanna chew right through it ASAP.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Nope, no chewing here. My bun was harness trained as well, but I could never get one that fit her properly. How much does you Lop weigh? Char was 8 lbs when she passed. Zeddie is 9 :roflmao:

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Brena is 10lbs she's a tubby lil thing. And silus was 12lbs last time I took to vet. Although he has gained some weight since I bonded him to Brena. he's got a belly on him now he eats so much more than he used to. So I have no idea how big he is.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
What kind of lop is Brena? Charmyn was pretty little, but she weighed more than she looked. Silus is pretty little for a Flemish eh? I am very jealous of your bun family...a lop and a Flemish is my dream