Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

The Saga of the Twisty Legged Kitten

Trish Allearz

Hi Everyone!

I thought you'd like to join me on my journey with a newborn baby who was born with twisted legs... Oddly enough, it happens-- being crammed in the womb with multiple kittens can create some strange situations and for this little F5 baby boy, his hind legs are a bit crazy.

Advice from many breeders as well as reading up on this situation on the internet tells me his legs should recover just fine, but it's hard to believe when you see how crooked the one is!

So I thought I'd try to take pics and update you as he grows :) We are looking for name suggestions- strong baby boy names :D

This first pic isn't the greatest, but it's hard to take pics of because he keeps them into his belly due to their odd shape.

Attachments

• Bs8VbDOIAAAXm1E.jpg
    Bs8VbDOIAAAXm1E.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 63

Trish Allearz

Here's two more pics of the cutie-- it's hard to get good pics of his legs, but as you can see, one is pretty bent.

Attachments

• Twistyleg0721.jpg
    Twistyleg0721.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 46
  • twistyleg07212.jpg
    twistyleg07212.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 43

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Poor little pumpkin. Lots of heat and massage will be going on at your place. Best wishes for this little guy.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
I had a yellow tabby kitten born on my bed with some problems, but he recovered fine. I had to bottle feed him. He used to crawl in circles till he was a few weeks old. And I used to call him my king. I named him Arthur for King Arthur. His sister was Guinevere. We had a DSH stray that was Lancelot and my last kitty to lose was Merlin.
Your little guy is royalty if I have ever seen it.

Trish Allearz

I had a yellow tabby kitten born on my bed with some problems, but he recovered fine. I had to bottle feed him. He used to crawl in circles till he was a few weeks old. And I used to call him my king. I named him Arthur for King Arthur. His sister was Guinevere. We had a DSH stray that was Lancelot and my last kitty to lose was Merlin.
Your little guy is royalty if I have ever seen it.
Awww! Good job taking care of the little fella! Yeah, everything I am reading and hearing says that it will eventually self correct or worse case-- need a brace that shouldn't be too gosh darn awful. It's amazing to think the body can self-correct something as strange as this though!

I <3 him to pieces.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Also I saw a Too Cute show where a kitten was born with a bent leg. They splinted it for a few weeks and it straightened out fine. Something about tendons...

Trish Allearz

Also I saw a Too Cute show where a kitten was born with a bent leg. They splinted it for a few weeks and it straightened out fine. Something about tendons...
It is the ligaments in the leg-- once he starts walking, if it isn't correctin on its own, we'll have to splint :) Hopefully, we don't get to that point, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Aw, poor little baby! He sure is cute though. Yes, he definitely needs a power-inducing moniker.