Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

The Tower of Leto and Stilgar!

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
I realized I never did post up pictures of my 'big' project! This took a lot longer than planned, a bit more $$, most due to reworking things! LOL Made more than one adjust during the process. But it was completed and the boys LOVE it. It's just over 6ft on the top platform, the base is 4x4ft and the box in on the base is 2x4ft. But they mainly love the platforms, so in hindsight I may have saved time and just had the large bottom box. Stilgar hits the pole at full tilt to climb and Leto has taken some full speed jumps onto it... hardly a shake!! That's what I wanted... big and sturdy and this thing is a TANK! I can stand on it if needed to see the top platform for clean up and what not. That's me standing under the deck, I'm a big ol' 5'6" tall... don't laugh at my Mario PJ's ... the boys don't like them either!

TheTower_Dec.2013_17.jpg TheTower_Dec.2013_35.jpg TheTower_Dec.2013_37.jpg TheTowerNames_Dec.2013_14.jpg

So that's the 'tower' or Sietch... The whole time I was building it I kept thinking of "Christmas Vacation" when they are out looking for a Christmas tree. "It's not going in the yard, Russ. It's going in the living room." :roflmao:

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Wow!!!! Nice Job! Those cats really conned you into a great project! Those kitties have it made!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I love it!! The boyz look quite happy with their sietch. Next week a friend is going to start building elements for a cat climbing wall to be installed in my sunroom. I'm so excited. We are going to use either pvc pipe or cement tubes used in commercial construction for a rope-covered climbing pole similar to these hicat2.jpg

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Lucky kitties! Every time I see these home projects I wish I was handy...but I am severely unhandy. Severely.

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
Now THAT is one heck of a nice cat tree! Personalized even! The thing looks bomb proof too.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Nice job, Will! Looks like the boys love it :)

Your pj's are fine. I'm in my mid 50's and wear Hello Kitty pj's all day until I go into work ;) I'd wear them there, too, if I could.

Deborah, those poles are great. Be sure to post pics when they are done!

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks guys.. it was a labor of love! :) And having some beers in the garage isn't painful either! LOL One good thing with being under 6'.. I don't worry about bumping my head on it!! :p

Deborah, if I could make one suggestion, if using sisal rope get the longest lengths you can find. I could only get 50 ft lengths and that is a 4" PVC pipe wrapped, took several spools! Pain in the butt making the transition between spools! :cautious:

The other poles in the tower are 2x2" wood post covered in sisal rug remnants, good source is here. 10 lb for 20 bucks and they sent some nice long 12" wide pieces.
http://www.sisalrugs.com/cat-products-1/sisal-remnants.html

I want to try something with the concrete forms, have a 8' on in the garage... now just what to do with it! LOL

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Deborah, if I could make one suggestion, if using sisal rope get the longest lengths you can find. I could only get 50 ft lengths and that is a 4" PVC pipe wrapped, took several spools! Pain in the butt making the transition between spools! :cautious:

The other poles in the tower are 2x2" wood post covered in sisal rug remnants, good source is here. 10 lb for 20 bucks and they sent some nice long 12" wide pieces.
http://www.sisalrugs.com/cat-products-1/sisal-remnants.html

I want to try something with the concrete forms, have a 8' on in the garage... now just what to do with it! LOL
Thanks for the suggestions Will. I think I'm going to use marine grade rope for the tower -- not only for durability but because I can get it in long lengths. Appreciate the link to the sisal rugs. Definitely going to use that site.

You can cut the cement form into smaller lengths and do something like this 4765cb2ebe71cda99424fec227fd91f5.jpg