Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Thieves ruined xmas for my cats.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Some dumb son of a bitcoin stole my delivery from Hair-Today. I was notified it had been delivered and when I got home there was no delivery.

$100 wasted trying to feed my cats because some dick thought he would get something good for the holidays at my and my cats expense.

I imagine the crook got a shock opening the box and finding 20 pounds of thawing raw meat labeled as not for human consumption.

Meanwhile I need to go spend a fortune at the store buying replacement food for the cats.

I'm not the violent type, but it crossed my mind to hunt the crook down and feed the cats some select long pig. Sadly it would probably poison the cats since the perp is likely an addict.

Sourek

Savannah Super Cat
I worry about the same thing, I try to deliver whatever I can to work. Sorry about the inconvenience and hope it doesn't happen again :/

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
If I could have it delivered to work I certainly would, but I do contract work for government agencies and they don't enjoy strange boxes showing up. :(

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Did you check with the delivery company? I would start there... I once had a notification saying my package had been delivered when it had not. I called and it showed up the next day. I believe it was FedEx.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Did you check with the delivery company? I would start there... I once had a notification saying my package had been delivered when it had not. I called and it showed up the next day. I believe it was FedEx.

If they still have it then they owe me $100, because 20lbs of rotten meat is no good to me.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I'm sorry, Tort. That happened to me once, Fedex Ground thought it okay to leave on my doorstep despite the fact I always write on the order "do not leave at door, area is unsafe"... so a case of whole ground rabbit went home with someone in the Mission district of San Francisco. Like you, I wonder what they thought when they opened up the box...

I've asked them to send it UPS since, because the UPS guys seem to have more of a brain. The UPS guy that comes to my local bar says it is because they are more permanent (the Fedex guys change all the time)... I had one UPS guy that would follow my car home to deliver a package if he missed me first time around. You don't expect service like that in a city... made my day!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Some dumb son of a bitcoin stole my delivery from Hair-Today. I was notified it had been delivered and when I got home there was no delivery.

$100 wasted trying to feed my cats because some dick thought he would get something good for the holidays at my and my cats expense.

I imagine the crook got a shock opening the box and finding 20 pounds of thawing raw meat labeled as not for human consumption.

Meanwhile I need to go spend a fortune at the store buying replacement food for the cats.

I'm not the violent type, but it crossed my mind to hunt the crook down and feed the cats some select long pig. Sadly it would probably poison the cats since the perp is likely an addict.

Sorry to hear that... I have no respect for the Thieves... Maybe they will not see the NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION and eat it anyway... Maybe they will get what they deserve :) ... I personally have out door cameras... Easy to catch them suckers that way @@.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
I know it is a pain for you, but there is a sense of schadenfreude knowing these thieves thought they were getting a nice gift, but instead got ground animal complete with innards. I am lucky in that I live in a neighborhood with only one way in and out; no quick escapes. We also have an alarm system with video cameras as my husband is a gunsmith, so if someone did attempt to do this, we would have a YouTube video to paste all over the Internet.

That idea doesn't help you right now, though, and I am sorry this happened.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Sory Tort, that would really aggravate me.:mad: But I have to agree with Becki. Imagine the WTF! moment:eek: when the thief sees the ground up critter. I'm thinking that will be the last time that SOB rips something off your porch.