Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This wait is killing me...

ALizzlyBear

Savannah Super Cat
awww, I know :/ the wait is soo hard!! you can make plans and aggregate toys/play structures in the meantime maybe?

Kristin

Animal Communicator
The wait is the worst! I accumulated so much cat stuff in the 12 weeks before Zeddie came home..it was painful!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Still, you want to find that perfect kitty for you, so best to be patient until you KNOW you've found your soulmate...

Mischief

Savannah Super Cat
Ah! I want a Savannah so badly. Money really isn't an issue. It's just the wait.
With me, I did so much research on Savannahs almost to the point of being obsessed and I had to wait til tax time/bonus time last year before I got mine. She first caught my eye on October and I thought for sure that Whiskey would have been gone by the time I had the money but she wasn't. And as soon as I got my tax refund, I signed the contract for her. So the right one will come along at the right time, don't worry. Oh and let me warn you ahead of time that once you DO find the right one, it will seem as if it takes forever for THE big day to get here and you get your baby but trust me, it will be so well worth it.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
With me, I did so much research on Savannahs almost to the point of being obsessed and I had to wait til tax time/bonus time last year before I got mine. She first caught my eye on October and I thought for sure that Whiskey would have been gone by the time I had the money but she wasn't. And as soon as I got my tax refund, I signed the contract for her. So the right one will come along at the right time, don't worry. Oh and let me warn you ahead of time that once you DO find the right one, it will seem as if it takes forever for THE big day to get here and you get your baby but trust me, it will be so well worth it.

Yeah, and then they FINALLY come home and then BAM! It's their second birthday!

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
Waiting for any pet, especially a savannah sucks, whether its for monetary reasons or other. However, the wait gets easier with time (took a few months for me). I remember when I discovered/immediately started researching Savannahs last christmas I got pretty obsessed, like Mischief was talking about. It even lead me to joining a crazy savannah forum! :uh oh::big grin: I've probably been a member close to a year now, which is kind of crazy to think about. Unfortunately i'll be waiting for quite a bit longer it seems and being able to afford one right now definitely makes the wait worse.

Trish Allearz

WHAT??? The wait gets easier??? Huh. No one told me that :D It always seems to get worse-- even now, with a few spotteds already at home :) I love the excitement of bringing a new little one home!

GL on your search, OP, and yes, the wait is a killer, but it's worth it. As Patti said-- the right baby is worth the wait :)

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
WHAT??? The wait gets easier??? Huh. No one told me that :D It always seems to get worse-- even now, with a few spotteds already at home :) I love the excitement of bringing a new little one home!

GL on your search, OP, and yes, the wait is a killer, but it's worth it. As Patti said-- the right baby is worth the wait :)

>.> I mean a little easier maybe? I'll likely live someplace where they aren't legal so I really CAN'T get one, so the complete lack of possibility until they are legal in NYC makes the wait a little easier. It kind of just points me in the direction of getting a puppy, which I couldn't keep a live right now anyways lol ( law school).