Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Today is National Cat Day

D

Dantes

Wow! I think I made it through them all...almost 400 at this point (although there are some dups in there).

My unscientific survey of the user-submitted ones...only because I was curious as to how many people actually do adopt purebreds vs shelter cats or DSHs. Not many, because most of the pictures said they were adopted from local shelters, which was really nice :)

Persians seem to be the most common of the purebreds (including himies)
Maine Coons the 2nd most
Bengals might be 3rd but they weren't all labeled so it's just a guess.
There were also a few British Shorthairs in there, and a few Siamese
One Devon Rex
One Sacre de Bermanie (never heard of this before)
I saw one cat that looked like it might be a Savannah and one that might be a Ragdoll, but neither labeled as such.

Off to look up a Sacre de Bermanie lol

Update: this just means Birman, man I can be slow on the uptake!