Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Too late, was it FIP?

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
I get Tink's blood work results yesterday. I had rushed her to the vet last Friday. She had gotten stuck behind my dresser. When I got her out, she could not walk, peed on the floor, and would circle to the left and drop. Something was seriously wrong. She had lost weight, but showed no other symptoms other than an occasional limping that vet was unable to diagnose. The following blood tests showed a low reading: ALP 3, ALT 20, Albumin 2.0, cholesterol 67, Calcium 8.2, Chloride 103, Potassium 3.2, Sodium 137, ALB/GLOB ratio 0.2, Anion Gap 10, HGB 10.1, Platelet 122, Eosinophils 60. Three items were high : Total Protein 11.6, Globulin 9.6, TCO2 27, NA/K ratio 43. All other tests were in normal range or negative. Vet mentioned possible lymphatic cancer, Possible FIP. She was 4 years, 3 months old and died that night at the vets. I did not have the vet do a necropsy, since my breeder, has disappeared-, website gone, phone numbers changed, does not respond to emails. By the way, Tink's sire died at a young age also. Needless to say, I am devastated. I tried to make some sence of the blood results and what jumps out at me are the high Protein and Globulin which indicates FIP. I will wait a few months before getting another Savannah and will write a tribute to her later. Sue

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Again Sue, I am so sorry. I wish I could make the hurt go away. Just know there are those who care and wish you a quick recovery. HUG

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
i'm sorry for your loss Sue. The only way to find an answer as to why she died was through a necropsy. I hope you can find peace in not knowing what took her from you. You already know everything that matters -- that you loved each other and that you provided her a safe and loving home. Her spirit will stay with you as long as you need her.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I'm so sorry, Sue. I agree with what Deborah has said....without a necropsy, you will never know what took Tink's life sadly too soon, but in the end all that matters is that she was loved and gave you love in return.

I'm also sorry to hear her breeder is MIA :( Most breeders would want to know news about their former babies....good or sad.

RIP, Tink.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Sue, I hope that you can some day heal. The loss of our fur kids really creates a void that others find it difficult to understand. I hope that you have a good support structure around you at this horrible time. RIP Tink.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Sue, I am so sorry about Tink...necropsy is the only definitive answer, but what does you vet think as far as the Protein/globulins?