Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Tooth

John T.

Savannah Child
Hi Guys/Gals

My little 5 month old F3 male seems to have one of the lower jaw cannine teeth dangling on....I don't know if he's bitten of chewed something.....

Does anyone know is this supposed to happen? Do cats change teeth when young like people do? Or has he broken a cannine and now he will only have 3 forever?

Thanks

john

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
They do lose their baby teeth. If you are lucky, you sometimes find them.
My only concern, is that once I had a kitten who actually broke their adult canine tooth. If it is dangling, my guess it is moments from falling off.

Sunny

Loyal Servant
They will likely eat them since that is when they will break loose most often. Getting burlap or waffle weave kind of toys that are strong enough will help teething and gumming. I was lucky to find only two when having a toy brought to me for fetch and spit out with the toy!

scorpius

Chirps & Massive Headbutts
Does anyone know is this supposed to happen?
I believe my vet said around 5-6 months.

Shango had 2x upper canines for a while at 6 months (1 month ago). At that time, my vet said the duplicate canines should fall out soon and they did. If they had stayed in past 7 months, my vet recommended he should pull them (to avoid infection). dj