Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Tough Decisions

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Now that I've got my future sorted out and anxieties gone its time to get back to looking at the future love of my life. I'm stuck! Two little darlings seem to be pulling at my heart strings I wish I could have both! Lol. most of you are familiar with spiderwebs Savannah's Sebastian. Adorable little guy. I can't put my finger on why I feel drawn to him but he is close. I would just have to get my advanced license to be able to cross the border to meet him. Preston is an f5 male also adorable (but aren't they all?) full of energy but also likes to cuddle. Is comfortable with a leash and being walked. Very outgoing (at least at home) and is 4 months old. by the picture you'll see he looks like a full grown cat (I almost didn't believe them) but he could just be an early bloomer and stay that size which doesn't concern me. Sebastian was described as more so the cautious type. Not one to like to be in public places, seems to be more shy and then warms up to you over time. He also is very playful but seems a little more low key. (Not a bad thing, and at least you know he's a smart boy) neither seem to have a mean bone in their body. so now I'm left with this rough decision. Sebastian is more in my price range that I originally set. But Preston seems to match my love of the outdoors. He loves to play with the servals but is gentle enough around children. Sebastian is super sweet and has some handsome looks. Both personalities could mesh well. I wish I was psychic. Both tica registered I believe. Both seem to come from loving well socialized settings, I've read over both contracts.

Long story short what am I missing here? What other things do I need to look at to help make my decision?

How can you say no to either of these faces?

evu2y9y5.jpg
4aryqese.jpg

"Those who wander aren't always lost"

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I don't remember the breeders name off the top of my head but I checked them and they are legitimate. we stopped emailing a while ago and have been talking through phone primarily. Ill check and tell ya. If they were from the same breeder I may have lol. I feel more emotionally drawn to Sebastian but still drawn to Preston and my boyfriend feels drawn more to Preston. but I thinks that's soley because partially of size. And age. I I'm not trying to judge based on size I'm paying attention to personality. he's a companion not a show cat.hmm kittens month old any less trainable than a 1 year old juvenile? and what kind of challenges to do us usually have when integrating a new cat into the home (keep in mind I don't have a cat yet so no territory issues)
What troubles seem to show up more in certain personalities (their quirks which should have warned you of the near future lol )

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Typically an older cat will take longer to acclimate to their new home. I'm sure the more experienced owners will chime in with their opinions. Zeddie was a kitten and acclimated seamlessly into my life. I personally would go for the one you are more drawn towards, but be aware of the obstacles.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
maybe I can get the boyfriend to get Preston and ill get Sebastian and they will be our own cats lol.
I know that wouldn't happen but maybe we should get the kitten and then if he has too much energy get Sebastian or another kitten from spiderwebs to keep him busy that is assuming that it would avoid trouble not create more trouble lol

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Have you tried animal communication Bekki? With whatever cat you choose it can help with the acclimation process (and reiki as well)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I don't think anyone can make this decision for you, you will need to decide which is the best fit for you and your lifestyle... and it seems you already know which one that is. On the other hand, without knowing who the breeder is, I can't personally make that recommendation for you...

Mischief

Savannah Super Cat
Take your time and go follow your heart. The right cat will be there for you at the right breeder and the right price but you've made a great decision to be a Savannah parent. They are unlike any cat you will ever meet.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Like distance reiki kristin? I am not familiar with other means of communication distantly with them.