Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travelling

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Zeddie and I love to go on road trips together...usually to Ottawa.
I have brought a portable, door hanging sisal scratch thing with me, but she won't touch it.

What do you guys bring when you go to cat shows and stuff? She didn't scratch at the hotel rooms at all, but we might be going to a cabin lodge for 5 days, and its a bit longer than what she has stayed in Ottawa.

Thanks in advance!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Does she use that door hanging sisal scratcher at home? I'd think it best if you have it hung up at home and encourage her to use it (putting catnip on it can help) and then pack it up. Does she prefer vertical or horizontal scratchers?

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Does she use that door hanging sisal scratcher at home? I'd think it best if you have it hung up at home and encourage her to use it (putting catnip on it can help) and then pack it up. Does she prefer vertical or horizontal scratchers?

I did hang it up at home, but she didn't feel the need to use it as she has a 7 ft cat tree in my room, and a smaller one downstairs. She scratches every which way. She climbs up the trunk of the tree, jumps on the platforms and bunny kicks the one above her. I think one of the problems with the door one was she isn't very big, so reaching it was a bit hard. It was also in the way whenever the door was used. She puked all over it, so I threw it out now, but I will buy something before we go

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I usually try to take familiar bedding and toys with me when I go to the cat show, although they're always up to playing with a brand new wand toy. I've never had much problems with them scratching in a hotel room, except the rugs - they love to dig their claws into the carpeting, but that never seems to cause any (visible) damage.