Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trimming claws.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
I got a pleasant surprise yesterday. Yeti let me trim his front claws with no fuss. :)

The approach I have been taking of gently petting and massaging his paws often may have worked in getting him to accept it without fuss. Fingers crossed this wasn't just a fluke.

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
We've been petting and massaging Stilgar's little toes too in hopes a trimming won't be a big deal to him. :) Great start you have!! :up:

Pebbles1969

Savannah Super Cat
That is a good approach. Just be careful not to cut too close to the quick...as this will apply pressure to the nerve and cause pain.

cbain

Site Supporter
Our male Savannah is very hard to control and has huge claws so we take him to the Vet every 4 to 6 weeks where he is known as LiL Freddy Kruger, for $10.00 he gets a manicure and a look over from a DVM, he and the Vet have a love, hate relationship , she loves him and he hates her, she keeps his pic on her wall and when we get a cat carrier out he runs, when we put him in his new outside run for the cats the Vet came over to see it and our male cat was the first to greet her with a head butt as she went through the gate on his ground, Vet said he is very territorial , but we may have come to terms as they played on open ground.

Pebbles1969

Savannah Super Cat
Our male Savannah is very hard to control and has huge claws so we take him to the Vet every 4 to 6 weeks where he is known as LiL Freddy Kruger, for $10.00 he gets a manicure and a look over from a DVM, he and the Vet have a love, hate relationship , she loves him and he hates her, she keeps his pic on her wall and when we get a cat carrier out he runs, when we put him in his new outside run for the cats the Vet came over to see it and our male cat was the first to greet her with a head butt as she went through the gate on his ground, Vet said he is very territorial , but we may have come to terms as they played on open ground.
LOL...the live hate relationship! We like to call nail trimmings 'Maniped'

cbain

Site Supporter
Today I had to take Cody in for a trim, he is hard to handle so DVN Connie Lawless got the job, he is a real celebrity, note his picture on the wall DSCN0433.JPG DSCN0434.JPG he hates going to her office but loves it when she comes to our house

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I cannot say that Rafiki likes to get her mani-pedi but she puts up with it for the most part. If I go longer than 2 weeks without trimming them, she starts biting them like crazy. She has always had her nails short so I think that she is used to them that way and long ones bug her.