Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trying to find loki's treat weakness

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Loki is settling in nicely even after my rude awakening at 6am with him pouncing on my head. Ready to play. I would love to begin training him little things like coming over when I call for him. to associate his name with positive things. etc. but here's the thing. I don't know what on earth to treat him with. The breeder says chicken I've tried room temperature, cold and hot. And he seems meh about it. Perhaps boiling would taste better than baked. Or steaming and browsing in skillet? She said his favorite treat is chicken and he hates freeze dried treats. I had a burger last night and he seemed to keep wanting to steal it away. Perhaps beef? Pork seems salty. I'm talking cooked meats at this time. Scrambled eggs sans the milk? what do your picky eaters like as a treat?

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I will also make note he is eating plenty of kibble and drinking plenty of water. his appetite seems usual. his stool is completely normal. he was still perky even after his second distemper vaccine that he received yesterday. No sleepiness at all.

"Those who wander aren't always lost"

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I'm used to having rabbits they needed treats to train. They wouldn't do anything unless it benefited them immediately. I kinda figured Loki would be the same way. plus. Wanna reward him for not chewing on my toes haha. he scratched my foot pretty good this morning too. Thought it was a mouse or something when I fell back asleep. I move in my sleep.. That woke me up pretty quickly

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Savannahs' intelligence is on a whole different level. I am sure many members will relate that a higher level of reward like praise, works wonders. Also, they can get angry, and have their own way of showing dissatisfaction with their servants. You are in the fun part of learning with your kitten!

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
he does seem to enjoy praise. just doesnt recognize his name yet. That may come with time though. he already greets me when I walk in my room by rubbing himself on my legs. I was rather surprised.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Was your breeder referring to freeze-dried chicken perhaps? It is known as kitty crack. I don't what it is about these things but my cats go totally nuts for them and they are basically just chicken so they are good for them too. Try Halo Liv-a-littles. I also crumble up bits of this stuff when my monsters become finicky and they will basically devour anything it is sprinkled on.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
no only regular baked chicken is what she said he would eat. She said he hates freeze dried chicken. =\

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Perhaps he is chickened out. Because she would feed it to him daily in the evenings. I burnt the first batch. Then the second batch was perfect but he didn't do more than nibble a bit at it. Then leave it alone

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
The burnt batch he nibbled then threw it around like a raw hide toy. Lol he must have been mocking me. I fell asleep while cooking it. Quite dry to say the least