Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

USDA/APHIS Stupid Ruling

admin

Paige
Staff member
Guys, I am busy working with some others from here on the stupid, idiotic USDA ruling that affects all of us...it is aimed at breeders, but we all are going to suffer.

We have a group on FB, which is mainly for breeders, but if you would like to get involved, let me know.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I just sent $20. more, I can't believe at one time I supported HSUS
Thank you so much...it is ok...many, many people do not know the truth about HSUS...at least you had an open mind and were willing to listen and learn...I had an argument with a woman who does rescue yesterday at my vet's office about this very subject...she was chastising me for being a breeder when there are "hundreds of animals" in shelters...and then she went on to quote the HSUS...needless to say, I won that argument ;)

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Thank you so much...it is ok...many, many people do not know the truth about HSUS...at least you had an open mind and were willing to listen and learn...I had an argument with a woman who does rescue yesterday at my vet's office about this very subject...she was chastising me for being a breeder when there are "hundreds of animals" in shelters...and then she went on to quote the HSUS...needless to say, I won that argument ;)

:eek::eek: The nerve of some people!!!

Amen. I'm glad you won- usually, those type of discussions are ended with the other person plugging their ears and not learning.

admin

Paige
Staff member
She actually calmed down and listened after awhile...i was able to talk to her about the fact that none of these laws or rulings really shut down kitten and puppy mills...she agreed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

afterseven

Savannah Kitten
Here's the actual rule(s): http://is.gd/tGfIyw
Here's an oversimplified flowchart: http://is.gd/BA0x98

Undoing this regulation would be difficult if not impossible in the current political climate. Minimum 3 year wait on any hope of deregulation. Ultimately, undoing or revising a Fed regulation takes willpower, money and well connected lobbyists. If you don't have all 3 in sufficient quantities to out-lobby the alleged "animal rights" crusaders, you are in for a difficult and disappointing journey. Even if there were a change of parties and philosophies in DC in 3 years, your statistical odds of success would be slim and none.

The Indiana Legislature has issued a final draft of legislation to challenge all Federal Regulators head on. http://is.gd/696Zyb premised on "Unprecedented federal regulation and meddling in entire sectors of the economy" like cat breeding for example! For the Indiana proposal to work would require similar legislation in 34 states of which 25 - 30 are locks...so if you see similar legislation in your state, get behind it. This mechanism puts the willpower, money and lobbyists of 1,000's of offended individuals and industries to a common purpose, and has a strategically higher chance of success than any one group fighting the Federal regulatory machine single-handedly.

Ultimately the Feds exist to handle 18 specific Constitutional tasks. I'm pretty sure cattery management is not amongst them.