Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UV filter water fountain

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I've never seen it before but it looks like a great water fountain! My only concern would be the weight - being that it is made out of plastic I would be afraid that someone would knock it around, knock the reservoir off, or even tip it over even though it's built pretty squat on the ground. However, I really like everything else about it. Are you going to get it? Would love to hear what you think of it after you've put it to use!

Ishani Birch

Savannah Super Cat
I've never seen it before but it looks like a great water fountain! My only concern would be the weight - being that it is made out of plastic I would be afraid that someone would knock it around, knock the reservoir off, or even tip it over even though it's built pretty squat on the ground. However, I really like everything else about it. Are you going to get it? Would love to hear what you think of it after you've put it to use!
I think so. It looks pretty great as you say! I have a water fountain now but not as fancy. Just a carbon filter and a pump. It sits in a corner to avoid kicking it over (learned that the hard way).
I'll definitely update on how it is! Sterling is very picky. He'll only drink cold running water from the faucet.. Sometimes he'll drink from the fountain if I put ice cubes in it. So yes.. We shall see!

admin

Paige
Staff member
The reviews are not great on this fountain...I would stick with Glacier Point or...there is a new fountain coming soon to the forum...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Let us know how long it takes for them to knock it over or empty it of water...

cbain

Site Supporter
DSCN0735.JPG View attachment 17996
I forgot to say it's big and all the water on the bottom makes it heavy and it has rubber on the bottom and it won't slide on the floor , 20 LBS+ Casey the kitten has not knocked it over it's safe, our cats like it because it's just like a faucet , our cats do like to play in water but the flowing water in their pond keeps their attention . it's really not a bad buy, comes in stainless also View attachment 17996

cbain

Site Supporter
This has worked great , the cats love it ,in the reviews one guy 's is running after 15 years , want to spoil your Savannahs with flowing cold fresh spring water.

dice

Site Supporter
We just got this and our cats like it, adj. water flow and very quiet , also I bought extra filters http://www.1800petmeds.com/Drinkwell+360+Pet+Fountain-prod65152-65152.html View attachment 17995

decided to get this drinkwell fountain for the Wonder Twins. Looked at the Glacier Point, but frak me, the Dynamic Duo would destroy that in a day. This fountain looks like something the would enjoy and not destroy.

So Paige, what's this other fountain that is supposed to be coming to the forum soon??? Will need to get two more likely.