Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Varmints

cbain

Site Supporter
I have a creek in my back yard and a lot of woods and a 12 acre pond 100 yards from my house and I get more than my share of raccoons even got one in my chimney . To day at work a professional exterminator came in to check the building and I told him about my problem with coons, mice in the garage and he said, we can come to your house and trap the coons, I told him my wife would have a fit, he said they use Coyote urine , lightly sprinkle it around and the coons will be in your neighbors yard ,works on mice, rabbits, chipmunks, possums, deer ,wood chucks, stray cats, he said your outside cats will be very nervous for a few days until they get use to it. said he would give me a 20% discount for my company, The one thing I did not ask is ,will this attract coyotes ? they are in the area.

Last edited:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Good question! I've never heard of using coyote urine, but I would definitely ask if it would attract the real thing before sprinkling it around the house and enclosure!

cbain

Site Supporter
Good question! I've never heard of using coyote urine, but I would definitely ask if it would attract the real thing before sprinkling it around the house and enclosure!
I called the Ohio Division of Wildlife and talked to a Wildlife officer and he said coyote urine will work if used regularly ,coyotes may come in to check the smell but won't stay. I did find coyote urine is available on line.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I was under the impression that human urine works just as well. So get to it Carl. Homegrown brew is less expensive and always in ready supply.

cbain

Site Supporter
Hey Deb, you give me the impression you whizz in your yard to scare off varmints , does it work on neighbors also ? Scott yard patch will fix the brown spots in your yard , Amazon has coyote urine cheap, the Witchywoman brand is known as Round up LOL

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Hey Deb, you give me the impression you whizz in your yard to scare off varmints , does it work on neighbors also ? Scott yard patch will fix the brown spots in your yard , Amazon has coyote urine cheap, the Witchywoman brand is known as Round up LOL

Naw, I send hubby out to dribble on the perimeter of our property. My aim is not as accurate as his.

MM3

Site Supporter
I've used deer urine to keep away coons, it works. Get it at Walmart. Last one I bought on sale $2.94