Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walking Jackets

John Popp

Site Supporter
Well, after commenting about Monte being built with surplus Savannah parts that don't quite fit together right I think I have some empirical evidence of such.

It was a little unseasonably warm today so I decided I would take Monte out for a little stroll. I grabbed a couple walking jackets that I thought were the right size and began to put them on (we have a whole collection of JoyKatz walking jackets that have always fit Chongo perfectly).

Well the first two were far too large for Monte's neck and I always like getting their head and neck secured first so they can't back out of them. Moved onto a smaller one and the neck strap was still a little long but manageable and secure. When I went to place the other strap around his torso the velcro didn't have enough overlap to really secure it.

Just really strange as I knew he had a tiny head and a big body but never knew to that extreme. I know my little ugly duckling is going to grow up to be a beautiful black swan, but for the time being he is just a totally silly looking cat.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Poor Monte, he's at that awkward tween stage where he's growing out faster than up. I'm sure he'll balance out in the end :up:

John Popp

Site Supporter
Well, Monte's legs are long and he isn't all that much shorter than Chongo. However when I measure his neck it's only 7" around while his chest measures 14.5". Conversely Chongo measures 10.5" around his neck and 17.5" around his chest. So the proportions between the two of them are vastly different and I'm pretty sure that Monte's ears are larger than Chongo's despite his tiny little head.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Maybe it's me but I thought this breed is noted for the smaller head and larger body? I'm real confident Monte is going to be a stunner when all the parts get coordinated.
I swear Rascal is still filling out at 4 years. He is appearing larger (girth) by the month. He is noticeably larger than brother Mayhem, who himself is slowly filling out. I really don't expect Mayhem to be larger than Rascal. He can jump far better than Rascal, but he is about a pound lighter. When it comes to antics, Mayhem is way past his brother.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Promises, promises. I'll take crappy pics over no pics any day.
Ya know, this is ironic that JP doesn't have pictures. Not like that household is lacking for some talent in that area.:confused:
(sort of like me short of ibuprofen around the joint...)

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Ya know, this is ironic that JP doesn't have pictures. Not like that household is lacking for some talent in that area.:confused:
(sort of like me short of ibuprofen around the joint...)
Yeah, he's too much of a perfectionist to post pics that aren't professionally posed. Doubly ironic that he's concerned about said professional pics for a frankenkat. Triple ironic that he doesn't recognize a typey SV when it literally hits him in the head. Can you imagine complaining about a SV who has the build of a serval. Some people:rolleyes: He's probably gonna ask for a refund on the cat.