Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Walking on a Leash...How?

feedtheflame

Savannah Super Cat
How do you guys go about training your cat to walk on a leash (in other words, not try to dash all over the place so that you never get to ur destination). Is it the same as with a puppy and that they eventualy learn when they realize ur gonna tug on the leash til they follow? Or do they get more comfortable with the outside and start listening to you when you call them?

admin

Paige
Staff member

Patti

Admin
Staff member
There are also some videos on YouTube about training your cat to walk on a leash:

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
I didn't notice that Jason...which video - I will remove it...

There is a little blurb at the beginning of the first video saying (it's a text box at the botom of the video) not to buy from joykatz because she owes him $1,500 for his savannah that passed away after 3 weeks. Although it just says not to buy the harnesses..I don't know if it is slander exactly but the way it is worded bothered me. It is at six seconds in the first video.

Last edited:
D

Dantes

Not sure what his beef with joykatz is about (there's always 2 sides to a story) but she makes great custom sized harnesses.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Wow, I never saw the slam to Joykatz either - that where I have bought most of my walking jackets!

admin

Paige
Staff member
There is a little blurb at the beginning of the first video saying (it's a text box at the botom of the video) not to buy from joykatz because she owes him $1,500 for his savannah that passed away after 3 weeks. Although it just says not to buy the harnesses..I don't know if it is slander exactly but the way it is worded bothered me. It is at six seconds in the first video.

Wow...why the heck would anyone say something like that in a video? I am going to remove that video...