Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

What Do Cats USe Their Tail For?

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
Well before i spent the last 3 minutes researching, I thought cats used their tails mostly to communicate and display emotion in certain moments. For the most part this seams to be true, for example when startled or frightened a cats tail can puff up or if its tucked between its legs it might be showing signs of being submissive. Apparently cats use their tails to balance as well but it is not its primary means of balancing as there are breeds of cats with no tails that balance just fine. If a cat is balancing on something thin and it turns to look on one side it may move its tail to the other side to balance out any weight.

ambiente18

Site Supporter
Well before i spent the last 3 minutes researching, I thought cats used their tails mostly to communicate and display emotion in certain moments. For the most part this seams to be true, for example when startled or frightened a cats tail can puff up or if its tucked between its legs it might be showing signs of being submissive. Apparently cats use their tails to balance as well but it is not its primary means of balancing as there are breeds of cats with no tails that balance just fine. If a cat is balancing on something thin and it turns to look on one side it may move its tail to the other side to balance out any weight.
I want to add to such a remarkable response, the tail of the cat is the toy that is always with her;)