Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

What sounds do your Savannahs make?

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
Kovu makes this mrrrrppppp noise when he is bat crazy. That is how we know he is taking his normal running around up 3 levels of energetic and it is best to just get out of the way as he still doesn't have brakes. He also chirps, barks, growls and hisses. He does hiss at the chihuahuas when he is stealing their toys, which doesn't seem fair, but also hisses when playing which comes out more of a spitty kind of noise. When he wants to be petted in the middle of the night, and I am pretending I don't see him to try to go back to sleep, he literally ooches up sllllllooooowwwllyy on his tummy, gets in my face and quacks. He doesn't have anything that sounds like a traditional meow at all.

Nyah also chirps and does the spitty hiss thing, I have never heard her mmrrrrpp or quack! She doesn't really meow, either. When she is talking (which is a lot), it is more beeps and boops. When she is mad because she wants something and it isn't happening quickly enough, she howls.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Mrrrrrpppping is big around here as well as chirping, barking, hissing, humming, growling, yowling, trilling, and screeching. Taji also has a vocabulary of two words "nooooooo" and "mama". Whenever I get my go pro I'm going to get a video of him saying "mama."

Patti

Admin
Staff member
My savannahs have a variety of sounds, some have traditional meows, some chirp at times, others bark. I have one that makes a happy little mrrrrppp when she's running on the cat wheel.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
I can't wait to see the talking kitty! Nyah trills as well, she just did it to remind me. She has a noise she makes when she is happy, but it is different than Kovu's mrrrrppppp. I don't know how to really describe it!

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
My F3 makes long howling sounds when he wants attention.....That's his I don't want to be alone groan!:big grin:

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Zeddie always mrrps. I have only heard her meow once....it was a mrrp during a yawn. If she is doing something bad I will yell ZEDDIE!! and she answers "mrrrrrrr"

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Rascal mrrps, rarely meows, and will growl at high risk threats. Mayhem yowls and meows, and growls at the doorbell.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Chuffing -- when they're doing their mano e mano contests. Blowing air through their noses and their little cheeks poof out too. Hilarious.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Chuffing -- when they're doing their mano e mano contests. Blowing air through their noses and their little cheeks poof out too. Hilarious.

Oh Zeddie does that too! Usually when there are dogs or she is sitting on her cat tree making sure I know it is hers