Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What times do you feed?

Treywi

April
For those who feed only two meals a day what times do you feed? I ask because we are going to a two feedings a day and wanted to check with others on times. We have been doing three a day since we pretty much have always had at least one kitten for the last 2 years. Now that our latest "kitten" our domestic short hair is getting older and a little plumper we figured it was time to cut back. I'm hoping to split it up enough that they don't have too much time between feedings and less of a OMG I'M STARVING MOM moments. lol But wasn't really sure what a good time would be. Like first meal then 8 hrs later last meal, or say 10 hrs later, etc.

What works best for you all?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Breakfast is between 6-7:30 a.m. and dinner is between 5-6:30 p.m. I give them a snack around 9 p.m. -- goats milk or a few pieces of freeze dried treats.

cbain

Site Supporter
Our cats have dry Pro Plan 24/7, they get canned around 8:am and 5 pm and treats later in the evening .

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I feed them when I get to it :p

Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays I have to be at school for 8, so they eat at 6:40. Mondays I have to be at work for 7 so they eat at 6:30. Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays Tiger eats when my mom gets up around and Zeddie eats when I get up. She lets me sleep in :rolleyes:
For dinner, they eat around 5:30-6. I try to feed them a bit earlier if they ate really early in the morning

Treywi

April
Thank you for the replies. It helps give me ideas. Normally my husband feeds them their first meal before he leaves for work in the morning which is about 6am. But this morning I had him hold off and fed them at 8 when I got up. So far so good. They all did meet me at their feeding stations when I got up but no loud complaints for breakfast being late. lol We will see what happens when lunch times comes around. :)

MM3

Site Supporter
Is it different if they are a kitten? 7 months? My little one has a choice of raw venison, buffalo, organic free range chicken, organic free range hamburger or canned food. She eats all day, last snack at 9 pm and wakes me between 3 am and 5 am to eat. But she is thin-and very active. We play all day + walk /run her everyday for 40 mins.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Mine get fed between 6 and 9 in the morning and between 5 and 8 at night. We varied the time initially so that we wouldn't get hungry-cat-wake-up-calls on weekend mornings.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Is it different if they are a kitten? 7 months? My little one has a choice of raw venison, buffalo, organic free range chicken, organic free range hamburger or canned food. She eats all day, last snack at 9 pm and wakes me between 3 am and 5 am to eat. But she is thin-and very active. We play all day + walk /run her everyday for 40 mins.
Venison and buffalo? I think my kitties want to come for dinner!

Bristol Lad

Savannah Super Cat
I feed Sahara between 6am and 10am (depending on work shift). Then she would get fed by a family member again at 4pm and because she is still a kitten she gets a small tin of Applaws roughly at 8pm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 6