Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

White bump gums 6 month old male f3b?

Can anyone tell me if these white bumps on my 6 month old male f3b kitten is normal? They are located on each side. Are these premolars?

Diet:
Raw chicken thighs and liver. Just recently, I stopped adding supplements and hearts because his stools were runny, and that seems to have hardened them up a bit.

Other Health:
12.5 lbs., very active, neutered at 5 months, no other issues.

Behavior:
When I got him, he was basically feral. The breeder was very sick, so he didn't have any human interaction. Needless to say, he was a bit of a handful at first, but he has acclimated very well and no longer has any behavioral problems. DSC00505.JPG DSC00504.JPG

Errr- this one, I can't say, but if you are seeing it in the same spot on both sides, I would assume you are right. Per? Per- where are you on this one?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Not sure what that is, and not sure why there are no other teeth in the immediate area. If these bumps are new and are growing it might be a teeth but it is not normal. I would have a vet check him out.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I would also change his diet as he is NOT getting the nutrients he needs...you can go back to adding hearts and change supplements...

Are these really bumps or just a difference in pigment?

And yes, you definitely need to get him on a balanced diet. If you are going to feed raw exclusively, then you need to follow a whole prey model or get whole prey and/or add supplements. Raw feeding is excellent as long as you are 100% committed to ensuring what you are providing is nutritionally complete. It's not something you can "kinda do" or do half heartedly if it is your cats primary nutrition source. Taurine deficiency alone will cause any number of serious health issues including heart damage and death. Please take the time to read the info on this page: http://www.catinfo.org/?link=makingcatfood

admin

Paige
Staff member
Are these really bumps or just a difference in pigment?

And yes, you definitely need to get him on a balanced diet. If you are going to feed raw exclusively, then you need to follow a whole prey model or get whole prey and/or add supplements. Raw feeding is excellent as long as you are 100% committed to ensuring what you are providing is nutritionally complete. It's not something you can "kinda do" or do half heartedly if it is your cats primary nutrition source. Taurine deficiency alone will cause any number of serious health issues including heart damage and death. Please take the time to read the info on this page: http://www.catinfo.org/?link=makingcatfood
We also have an entire forum dedicated to a raw diet here: http://www.savannahcatchat.com/forums/savannah-cat-diet/