Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does my cat wait to poop until I come home?

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Seriously thought.. It's Every single time. Like I'll come home and eat dinner on the couch.. And there a litter box hidden under the end table on my side of the couch.. He drops one the moment I bite into my dinner without fail.. Yes I know Tmi.. But does anyone else notice this? Does their cat seem to hold it so he can share at the most in opportune times? ;)

"Those who wander aren't always lost"

cmantis

Savannah Super Cat
Ugghh I was about to eat dinner. Why did you wait to share this until the most in opportune time...

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Aww shucks like mother like kitty I guess...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I have not noticed any of my cats timing their poops to my activities, but I have several cats so don't really pay too much attention to their habits, unless something seems awry...

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I wasn't paying attention until my bf mentioned it. Because literally everytime I sit down to eat dinner when I get home at 10pm I hear the wiping of the paws on the litter box walls and shortly after I have to move to the kitchen for fear of losing my appetite lol. This is also coming from the cat that used to have severe separtion anxiety when I left for work. Until I got pooty to keep him company

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I usually come home and heat up leftovers. He eats raw usually after I eat I whip it up. And in the mornings I whip up another meal. He doesn't really eat any kibble during the day it always goes untouched except for night when pooty (the bengal) gets his midnight munchies. Loki loves raw. now I have noticed this happens when I get him and eat after being gone all day at work. I work a varied schedule 9-5 10-6 1pm-9pm and 3pm - 11pm. Also when I come home from running errands he always seems to go to the bathroom immediately after not always number 2 however.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Quite possibly he enjoys watching us cringe haha. There was a point where he would have "accidents" and pee in innaproptiate places but we realized he didn't like the litter we were using also he is very particular about his litter box it must be prestine at all times. So since then I have added a litter box to each room (even though it is an open floor plan in my apartment) so that at all times he is within eye sight of a litter box. I had him checked for a uti and nothing. (He seemed like he urgently had to go when he did have accidents) turns out because he doesn't bury his little gifts he would search elsewhere. Adding the litterboxes solved the problem. Now he only has an accident on the rare occasion my boyfriend forgets to properly clean and freshen the boxes. I also believe since he is missing a toe (a dog bit it off through the dogs cage when he was a kitten still at the breeders) he has a bit of paw sensitivity on the one paw and avoids putting his paws in the litter. Actually he has learned how to balance on the edge of the box so that none of his paws touch when he pees. ..I'm off topic here a bit. The point of all this is after so much tail and error and treats encouraging him when he used his box that may be a plausible explanation. He's showing off.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Not super stinky but enough to notice what he's doing. It dissipates quickly.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
That's funny...I've always heard that raw fed cats don't stink at all...and Zeddie and Jim don't stink at all. But I've also heard that raw fed cats have super small poops, which is true of Zeddie (and almost all dogs I know on raw) but Jim still has huge deposits