Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Why Izzit?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
That they pick the long route for a walk when it's raining sideways and the wind is howling like a banshee? My neighbors were smiling and waving at me from the comfort of their warm and dry homes as I trudged along this morning with my very happy cat. Never ever fails -- bad weather, he wants to the walk the 2-mile route. And for those of you who are thinking "well dummkopf, why'd you take him out in the first place"; it was far more restful getting pelted in the face with icy rain than staying in the house when he is in full brat "I wanna go for a walk and I wanna go NOW" mode.:rolleyes:

Trish Allearz

Hahahahaha. I'm surprised he wanted to go out, but that's their own contrary nature! Meanwhile, you'd have to PUSH a dog out the doggy door!

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Lol! Mine do, too...they even want out onto the cat porch when it's snowing and cold. The girls far outlast the boys when it's below 40 degrees...go figure!

admin

Paige
Staff member
so does this mean that I need to take Taj out even when it is 20 degrees? He high steps it when the grass is damp as it is. I have wondered how he would do in the cold, since he so much loves to walk outdoors...

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Juba has been a fan of inclement weather since he was a baby. We rarely get snow but on the occasions when we do, he loves to play in it.

Attachments

• snowtweenmytoes.jpg
    snowtweenmytoes.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 12

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thanks Deborah! Taj so loves to be outside, but it is freezing here in Nj :( I may take him out on a warmer day...maybe when it is 40 and not 10 degrees.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think you need to consider yourself too, if you'd hate being out there then don't go... but Taj likely will tell you when he wants to go home and has had enough! They're very good at communicating such things...

admin

Paige
Staff member
You are right, B..I bet he will hate walking on the cold grass...he is a bit prissy about his little feet. And I am prissy about the cold :)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I hate the cold! Being brought up in Australia means I am simply not bred for it, LOL!

The few times I have been in snowy climes with a Savannah in tow, I have found they are curious about the white stuff and less upset about the cold than I was! But not keen on long walks in it...so the cold definitely factored in there...