Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolf!!!!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
We are at a remote area in California near the Nevada border and we saw OR-7, a wolf relocated from Canada. He was snoozing in sagebrush at the top of a mountain we hiked today. What an honor. I cried when I saw him. He is alone. Closest pack is in northern Oregon. He was 6 ft in front of me. What a thrill.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
That's awesome! Is he a grey wolf? And just curious, how did you know it was him?
The there is only one wolf in this entire area. He is part of a pack that was relocated to Oregon from Canada. He decided to strike out on his own and has staked out territory in Oregon California and Nevada where borders meet. At first I thought it was a coyote. But it was huge and shaggy and looked more like a Malamute or husky. No way was it a coyote. He is known to be in this area. Fish and Wildlife department will not give his exact location because they are afraid he will be killed by livestock farmers . We will report what we saw to fish and wildlife on Monday and I am sure they will tell us whether he was in that area at that time. His radio collar is still functioning so they do know where he is located at all times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

admin

Paige
Staff member
That is so awesome Deborah! I am so envious...would love to see him!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I Googled him, and saw some of the tracking maps. He really gets around, he traveled almost 400 miles in January alone. There were pictures of him, too. He's gorgeous! I see what you mean about looking like a Husky. What a treat to get to see him, I bet the pictures don't do him justice. Lucky you!

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
How cool is that! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Gotta go look it up on line now. Lol