Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Worst pet owners ever!!!!

Alicia

Savannah Super Cat
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-baby-bails-family-including-DOG-bedroom.html
So I put this under off topic since it wasn't a savannah. However this article just makes me completely irate!!!!!! I heard the baby pulled the cats tail, so the cat then scratched the baby and things escalated from there.
Unfortunately those dbags won't let the cat go to a better, more understanding home and are insisting on keeping it. Horrible people. And all this after the media attention where he was defending kicking the cat!
I wish I could drive down there and pick up the cat, and kick them both in the a$$!

admin

Paige
Staff member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-baby-bails-family-including-DOG-bedroom.html
So I put this under off topic since it wasn't a savannah. However this article just makes me completely irate!!!!!! I heard the baby pulled the cats tail, so the cat then scratched the baby and things escalated from there.
Unfortunately those dbags won't let the cat go to a better, more understanding home and are insisting on keeping it. Horrible people. And all this after the media attention where he was defending kicking the cat!
I wish I could drive down there and pick up the cat, and kick them both in the a$$!
What a moron!!! Unbelievable!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Unfortunately I have seen idiot people like this in real time. I used to work at zoo, and there was this absolutely beautiful lioness *kitten named Daisy. She was used in shows, but all the knowledgeable zoo employees had quit (which is why I was hired). Included in the people that left was her foster mama, who was raising her. Instead of transferring her, or finding her a new foster the owners of the zoo decided to put her in a little cage and continue to use her in the shows. She grew very quickly, and the employees that were left knew nothing of animal behaviour and taught her to pounce on people. This ended as you might expect...with a lion *kitten nip and an infected arm. Daisy was put into 10 day quarantine where she wasn't allowed to be around people, except to have her area cleaned.

When the 10 days were over Daisy still wasn't transferred, and this human imprinted *kitten was left in a stall all on her own. I went in there with 2 other people (there was yet another switchover in staff as winter was coming and everyone went back to school). One of the people with me was a young hire, but friends with the zoo owners. Daisy was so excited to have people in with her, she was running around in laps. She was about 5 months at this time, and the size of a very large Golden Retriever. She decided to start playing a game...pounce on the humans as they clean. I was busy distracting her while the other 2 quickly cleaned. As we were leaving, Daisy wanted to keep playing so she went into pounce mode. As she came running towards us, the new hire booted her right in the ribs and bolted out of the pen, leaving me in the there alone. She roared and of course went to take it out on me, but caught herself before she did anything. I consider myself very lucky....saying I was angry is the biggest understatement. Talk about animal abuse. Some people shouldn't be allowed near animals...

Alicia

Savannah Super Cat
Unfortunately I have seen idiot people like this in real time. I used to work at zoo, and there was this absolutely beautiful lioness *kitten named Daisy. She was used in shows, but all the knowledgeable zoo employees had quit (which is why I was hired). Included in the people that left was her foster mama, who was raising her. Instead of transferring her, or finding her a new foster the owners of the zoo decided to put her in a little cage and continue to use her in the shows. She grew very quickly, and the employees that were left knew nothing of animal behaviour and taught her to pounce on people. This ended as you might expect...with a lion *kitten nip and an infected arm. Daisy was put into 10 day quarantine where she wasn't allowed to be around people, except to have her area cleaned.

When the 10 days were over Daisy still wasn't transferred, and this human imprinted *kitten was left in a stall all on her own. I went in there with 2 other people (there was yet another switchover in staff as winter was coming and everyone went back to school). One of the people with me was a young hire, but friends with the zoo owners. Daisy was so excited to have people in with her, she was running around in laps. She was about 5 months at this time, and the size of a very large Golden Retriever. She decided to start playing a game...pounce on the humans as they clean. I was busy distracting her while the other 2 quickly cleaned. As we were leaving, Daisy wanted to keep playing so she went into pounce mode. As she came running towards us, the new hire booted her right in the ribs and bolted out of the pen, leaving me in the there alone. She roared and of course went to take it out on me, but caught herself before she did anything. I consider myself very lucky....saying I was angry is the biggest understatement. Talk about animal abuse. Some people shouldn't be allowed near animals...
It sounds bad, but I used to be a people person.... Until people ruined it for me. In general I detest people because of crap like this. Obviously there are people I do like, but there are so many stupid, selfish, cruel morons.... That it just makes me want to scream. I would positively lose it if I caught some douchebag abusing a cat!!