Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your SV's Water Intake

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Very little. I hardly ever see them drinking from their water dishes. Maybe I catch one of them at it 1x week. They're on a raw whole prey diet and get most of their moisture from the food.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I don't know... I have five water fountains in various parts of the house, but the dog has access to them also... it seems I am always refilling them though! I do see them all drinking from them, most will only drink from the waterfall but Zari is the only one I see drinking from the bowl part...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
With mine it varies, I have some who love to drink from the faucet but I never see them drinking from the water bowl, I have one who has to have her two paws in the water to drink (and then inevitably jumps into my lap), some I never see drink, but the levels always go down so I know they're drinking...

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
She eats mostly kibble. She has wet food, but usually ignores it. Maybe 6 oz per day
Kilifi eats almost exclusively wet. And her water is maybe an oz or 2

Last edited:

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Mojo every morning at 4:45...Eddie occasionally in the evening gets caught at the fountain, neither like the bowl.

KMcgown

Site Supporter
Varies by cat. I have a few that drink quite a bit, a few that insist on tipping the bowl! and a few that take an occasional sip!

mandyloo

Savannah Super Cat
Out of her water bowl? Never ever. Out of the toilet However....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk