Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yuki at emergency vet

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
She is passing blood. Not sure reason yet, but today is first time she went outside litter box.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Prayers and good thoughts for Yuki. Keep us posted....glad you got her in as soon as you saw something wrong. It may be as simple as needing to be wormed or another parasite, or a small anal tear from passing hard poops....

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
She also passed a small gel like mass that fell apart into fluid when I tried to scoop it up. I was unable to get a usable sample.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Sitting here waiting while they do bloodwork and whatnot is so very dull, which makes my desire for info worse.

Yuki is down to 8.8 lbs. which is still good for her. She arrived weighing 7.8 and reached a peak of 10 while eating kitten food while in the safe room for the first two months.

She has been her usual active self, eating, drinking, and playing like crazy today and before.

C'mon! Give me some news and get me my cat back. Sheesh

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
List of stuff being done:

Catalyst Chem 10 Clip
Catalyst Lyte 4 Clip
CBC Procyte
Snap Test T4 Total
Urinalysis
Cystic entasis ultrasound

Note says possible Hematuria

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
UTI was my suspicion too.

She is getting sub-q fluids now and then coming home. I will be watching her closely until I can get her to the regular vet.