Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Asmthe

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
Hello,
I really need your help, i have 2 Savannah’s at home 5-6 years old and i’m In a high peak of my asthme allergic.

I take ventolin, flovent, singulair and reactine to beat it.

My problèm is one of my cat, I only watch her and she lost her hair...

What are my solution if i don’t want give them for now...?

Thanks

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Do you have any air filters in your house? I have a dust allergy, so we have have a few, and they work pretty well.

What are you feeding the cat who is losing hair?

John Popp

Site Supporter
Make a safe zone in your house that is cat free. Keep them out of your bedroom, so whenever you need relief you can camp out. Make sure you have a quality in room air purifier in the bedroom at minimum and keep a watchful eye on your HVAC filter.

Other tips, reduce protein intake during allergy season. This will free up your liver to work more on the toxins you are inhaling while not needing to contend as much with what you are ingesting. Take a Probiotic at least once per week.

Hope that helps!

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
I am trying to understand your questions.
I believe you are saying that you (not the cat) are having a bad asthmatic attack and are taking Flovent, Ventolin (inhaler I presume), Singulair (montelukast), and reactine (cetirizine in the USA). This is the standard protocol of treatment.
I do not understand what you mean by:
My problèm is one of my cat, I only watch her and she lost her hair...
Are you saying, your cat has lost her hair?
Are you saying you only watch this cat, possibly for some body else? or you are observing your cat's hair loss?

Next, what do you mean by:
What are my solution if i don’t want give them for now...?
Are you saying the cat has asthma and is being treated with the above medications and that you think this might be causing a hair loss?

I fairly sure English is not your primary language (I suspect French is your native language), and I think something is being lost in the translation. Please try to clarify and I will try to help you with your questions. I am a pharmacist in the USA.

Last edited: