Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Is it fat?

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Yeah, the vets there weren't the sharpest tools. They also blamed all of her behaviour on her being a savannah, never mind that her DSH brother was in there and far worse than her.
Isn't that so frustrating? I saw that on My Cat From Hell, which typically features DSH behaving badly, but the episode with Savannahs it was all blamed on the "wild blood" yet the behavior was no different from other cats? Somehow because they have that heritage it must all be due to that. Stupid!

I'm so very fortunate with my vet, the vets and staff all tell me stories about Persians etc and tell me how easy mine are in comparison. It would be so much harder to battle that kind of attitude...

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I got frustrated and left that vet haha. I worked there, which actually made it worse because they didn't treat me like a client, and just let me know how big of a hassle it was that Zeddie was sick -_-

I had to bring Tiger to the vet on Thursday. We tried out a new one, and it was a lot better. He's the worst of them all for any vet work, but she went slow and talked soothingly to him. The Savannahs will get some blood work done this year as just a basic work up and hopefully we can stop vet hopping. Finding a good vet you can trust is so hard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Finding a good vet you trust can be hard, but totally worth the effort.

I completely lucked out 14 years ago, when we moved and the first vet I took my new SV kitten was so good we stayed... I was all prepared to try that vet out and then another and another until I found one I thought was good enough, and the very first one was a keeper! I've recommended him (and the practice) to so many people since...