Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

new savannah

E

Eixi Olive

Elsa would never tolerate that back pack.... It would be a Bloody Mess with your "Real" Blood!
Lol. I’ve luckily never had a “bloody mess” with any cat. Idk I think Olive might be game for it. I’m a pretty chill Savannah mom so... idk. If she doesn’t like then that’s okay.

Does your babe like the harness John?

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Lol. I’ve luckily never had a “bloody mess” with any cat. Idk I think Olive might be game for it. I’m a pretty chill Savannah mom so... idk. If she doesn’t like then that’s okay.

Does your babe like the harness John?

She loves to go out walking on a harness with ONE BIG exception.... Rest Stops on the Interstate... Every time I get her out to exercise while we travel (and she is a fantastic traveler) she hates it... Growls and Spits which she never does anywhere else.. I even try to take her to area's where Dogs are not supposed to be and she does not like that at all either... However, she loves getting out at Gas Stations and checks out the grass and what else she see's... Fast food restaurants she likes as well... Only thing I can figure about rest stops is there are just too many strange other pet smells... Her best friend who passed away a few years Jake (Cocker-Boxer Mix), yes you read that correctly... Got along great, but she was with him since a very small kitten.

E

Eixi Olive

Did you have to train her with it? It sucks we just got her and we’re clocking record low temps in Chicago so outdoors is out. I guess I’ll just have to put some indoor time in. Any tips?

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Did you have to train her with it? It sucks we just got her and we’re clocking record low temps in Chicago so outdoors is out. I guess I’ll just have to put some indoor time in. Any tips?

Yes, but only took a week or 2.

I started her out just wearing it without the leash, and then added it to her...

Here she is outside at my Mom's house

Her and Jake out side

Was using a Wrist Mounted GOPRO Camera.

She is also a Natural Traveler and likes almost everyone.. Does well in the vehicle
ElsaTraveling.jpg

E

Eixi Olive

Ah ha! I’m going to show that first video to Sam. That was a great method to train with the feather! Elsa looks like a love so sorry her friend passed. Thank you!

John Popp

Site Supporter
Beautiful kitten!

Walking jacket, torso strap first then the neck strap. When secure, you should be able to slide one or two fingers under, any looser and they will escape if stressed.

Door rules, No going out under their own power. The only way they get through a door is jacket on, leash attached and underarm. That's the magic key and it will prevent door darting.

Best of luck with Olive, she looks pretty special.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Beautiful kitten!

Walking jacket, torso strap first then the neck strap. When secure, you should be able to slide one or two fingers under, any looser and they will escape if stressed.

Door rules, No going out under their own power. The only way they get through a door is jacket on, leash attached and underarm. That's the magic key and it will prevent door darting.

Best of luck with Olive, she looks pretty special.

Very well said... and I agree.

Hippy

Site Supporter
Once they associate that jacket with outside there will be no problems putting it on.

If i go near there jacket / leases they both sit by the door like a dog waiting for me to put it on.

The first time or 2 they wherent happy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Once they associate that jacket with outside there will be no problems putting it on.

If i go near there jacket / leases they both sit by the door like a dog waiting for me to put it on.

The first time or 2 they wherent happy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah... Elsa is easy to put it on.... Taking it off is another story.. LOL Then it is the War Zone!