Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

New to Savannahs, have an F2 girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
I have been wanting a Savannah for quite awhile and got the best Christmas present ever - an f2 little girl, Nyah. She is 5 months, and a shy girl but is getting more and more social every day. She wants to be with us, now sleeps on the bed with us and plays like the little wild thing she is, but draws the line at being petted and sudden moves or noises make her revert to her "cave" under the bed. It is taking less and less time to come back out and see us after her scary moments. She is just so gorgeous and has quite the personality in that shy body! Total entertainment. We have had her almost 2 weeks and I am so in love with her already! I just may be addicted at this point and hope to get another playmate for Nyah in the very near future!

image.jpg

S

shelby

Welcome, Becki and congratulations on Nyah.Time and patience are the key to a baby ajusting and accepting. It will happen...just in her time;>) Shelby

S

shelby

I always laugh when I picture the new owners....running to cater to their every whim. We all want to do everything just right to help them settle in. Plenty of good food, special treats, new toys and lots of attention.All they have to do is look pretty, eat their feasts and explore the house. We never think that maybe they need to give a little to receive a lot;>) They sometimes decide they are the center of the Universe and deserve everything in return of nothing;>) They will come around..it just takes some longer than others.They train you well and one day will decide you deserve a headbutt, a brush against the leg or their presence in your bed.They are what they are...beautiful souls that will melt your heart regardless of when they decide you are worthy of that first real thank you. Just love them for what they are...NOT WHAT YOU MIGHT WISH THEM TO BE.

scorpius

Chirps & Massive Headbutts
awesome kitty! I also got an F2 (but male) around x-mas time. He's now 3.5 mo old. Pretty much same here...he's getting more social every day. Only during the last 1-2 weeks has he let anyone held him. He's now very social and demands all sorts of attention. And like you, I'll likely be looking for another in the near future. dj

admin

Paige
Staff member
Welcome Becki! I'm sure Nyah will settle in quickly and you will be that much more entertained! And once that happens, you will definitely want another savannah cat. She is a beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.