Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Road Trip to Cornell with Dooley and overnight stay

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Good luck with the road trip John. When we had to evacuate last year, we used a double show crate with a small litter box in it (that they did not use for the 3 hour trip). Gotta love your list: crate, litter box, rabbit water bottle, and cucumbers!

John Popp

Site Supporter
Well, Here's where I got with my travel rig. Thanks for the suggestions.

Carrier and my luggage in front seat, soft-sided 24"W x 24"H x 36"L Crate in back, and an 18"x24" durable bed for my stuffing removing, little chewer. Then an 18"H x 18"W x 24" L litter box filled up with 40lbs of litter to keep it anchored.

I'm sure much of this is old hat for those who frequently show their cats, although for me it's a pretty heavy lift with Dooley's med schedule and this will be our first road trip with an overnight stay.

IMG_6315.jpeg

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Looks cozy! Not sure how others’ cats travel with a litter box, but ours wouldn’t poo while the car was in motion. We had to make some unplanned stops, lol, Bear gives loud yowl when he has to go. :roflmao:

John Popp

Site Supporter
Looks like a nice set up. Good luck. Hopefully he will not sing the song of his people for the entire trip.

Oh you know he'll be singing. I used to make him sing for his breakfast as a kitten, it hasn't stopped since.

Looks cozy! Not sure how others’ cats travel with a litter box, but ours wouldn’t poo while the car was in motion. We had to make some unplanned stops, lol, Bear gives loud yowl when he has to go. :roflmao:

Dooley only drops one Cleveland Steamer a day. Stinky as all get out because of the Lactulose, and after he drops his deuce he generally does a 40mph cruise on his wheel letting me know it's time to scoop it up.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Oh you know he'll be singing. I used to make him sing for his breakfast as a kitten, it hasn't stopped since.

Dooley only drops one Cleveland Steamer a day. Stinky as all get out because of the Lactulose, and after he drops his deuce he generally does a 40mph cruise on his wheel letting me know it's time to scoop it up.
Yeah. All that will be fun in the car. Not.

John Popp

Site Supporter
This looks a lot better than it did yesterday and took about 15 minutes before it stopped bleeding.

More details on my trip to follow sometime this evening.
IMG_0757.jpeg