Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannah Smell

E

Eixi Olive

Hi everyone! I was curious if anyone else smells a yeasty dog type smell from their Savannah? Like a cute puppy-ish sent?

My Olive-You has it. I have never had a cat with any scent at all (like zero) so this is a bit of a game changer.

Do any other Savannah parents notice a pleasant puppy like sent from their cats?

Oh I’ll be so embarrassed if I’m the only one

Attachments

• 18F68078-F581-4353-8E10-9E6B2A2D0B30.jpeg
    18F68078-F581-4353-8E10-9E6B2A2D0B30.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 11

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I definitely don't smell any yeasty like odor from any of my Savannahs, although I will admit I have a bad nose. Are you noticing this smell coming from any particular part of her body?

Hippy

Site Supporter
No smell here, I'm surprised
They hang all over our dogs

If i even pet our lab i smell like dog... Lol

Our little black rescue like to pass gas then look at the dogs like they did it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
I have noticed that my current crew smells a bit earthier than any of my other cats. Could be the raw food, I didn’t feed raw until having SVs.

If you are getting a yeasty smell with ear itching/discharge and lots of paw licking then I’d look into removing any chicken from the diet.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Rafiki (girl) always has a "good kitten smell" although her paws sometimes smell like Fritos.. I love to inhale her. Jammu (Pixiebob boy) smells like a musty gym towel. My girl cats, regardless of breed, always smell better than my boys.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Rafiki (girl) always has a "good kitten smell" although her paws sometimes smell like Fritos.. I love to inhale her. Jammu (Pixiebob boy) smells like a musty gym towel. My girl cats, regardless of breed, always smell better than my boys.

I’ve been wondering for like the last year how Rafiki is doing... glad she’s still around! :)