Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Silly me!

Elf

Savannah Super Cat
We got our little F3 on June 2. We have two 15 year old cats at the time, and had just lost our 10 year old F1. We had to go through the house and kitten proof like crazy. Well, many months have gone by, and our little girl no longer chews power cords and things, and we have removed some of the kitten-proofing and just let other things lapse.

And now we have a another F3 SV kitten coming in a few weeks! Here we go again! (And I think we will just leave it all up this time, as we are considering getting a little boy next year. LOL)

(And I have to note that I cannot wait to have kittens romping through the house!)

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I covered what seemed like a hundred miles of electrical cord when I got my kittens, tore my fingers to shreds, and there's no way I'm ever taking it off. I can't even handle the thought of buying any new electrical appliances because I'm traumatized at the idea of having to put on the cord protectors. LOL.

Reactions: Elf

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I found all the Savannah proofing so useful when we had a human baby, there was not much more to do, LOL! Outlets covered, things put out of reach inside locked cabinets...and we had been trained to just laugh at messes and clean it up...

Elf

Savannah Super Cat
We did things like block off computer desks and entertainment centers with books, boxes, pillows and blankets. It was ugly and cumbersom, but did the trick while she was in her crazy chewing phase. The girl made her introductions to everything by biting it (see below... from a couple days after we got her). Now all she does it lick everything she comes across, so I am not worried about her getting electrocuted at least.

Attachments

• IMG_4538.JPG
    IMG_4538.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 34

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Some of my cats still chew on wood like that!
Would love to see pics of your new baby coming - and of your current baby as well for that matter!!!

Elf

Savannah Super Cat
LOL! Siada is now 7 months old. These are pictures from this past weekend camping. Her papa was outside packing up and she just HAD to see what he was doing. I gave her a box to stand on, because I was worried about her trying to climb the window, but she figured that out too!

The little girl we are getting is also an F3 and is a 2nd cousin (or something like that) to Siada (they share the same Serval great grandparent). It is a marble baby this time. I hope Siada can teach her new sibling how to be an awesome camping cat too, because Siada is a total champ at it.

img-8327_orig.jpg

img-8331_orig.jpg

fullsizerender-3_orig.jpg

Stephanie L

Savannah Super Cat
Oh my goodness I just want to pick her up to give her hugs an kisses! What a cutie!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk