Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Thieves ruined xmas for my cats.

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
That blows to say the least!! And the trouble you have to go through now to get some eats! The local news around Charlotte this season seems like it's becoming more and more prevalent. We live in a nice neighborhood, but who knows who decides to take a spin through neighborhoods to see what they can find. Well.. you could load a box up with what the boys leave a day after eating.. you know.. :poop: and leave it out with a bow on it so it looks good and tempting. Let them take that home too... :devil:

NikkiA

Site Supporter
I'm sorry Tort!
That stinks.
We once had someone steal a shipment of live aquacultured coral for our aquarium, so I know how you feel. We hated the fact that someone was going to literally throw living animals away, so we now always do hold for pick up at Fed Ex whenever we have coral or fish coming in.
Hold for pick up might be something you want to look into in the future to avoid this, it is a pain to go to the facility, but much better than the alternative can be.

Treywi

April
Definitely sucks! If you have a local craigslist you might check it out see if anyone is selling it. Even being meat for animals, thieves are still inclined to try and make money off it.

cbain

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear you got ripped off Tort, thieves fallow delivery trucks this time of year looking to steal some ones Christmas gifts, or your cat food was sent to the wrong address.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
That blows to say the least!! And the trouble you have to go through now to get some eats! The local news around Charlotte this season seems like it's becoming more and more prevalent. We live in a nice neighborhood, but who knows who decides to take a spin through neighborhoods to see what they can find. Well.. you could load a box up with what the boys leave a day after eating.. you know.. :poop: and leave it out with a bow on it so it looks good and tempting. Let them take that home too... :devil:

Wouldn't be the first time I let someone steal something unwanted. There were a rash of thefts from cars one holiday season and I saw that as a way to get rid of the trash on a non-trash day. Left two big wrapped boxes on the back seat and the doors unlocked while parked at a mall. Merry xmas m-f'ers! ;)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Wouldn't be the first time I let someone steal something unwanted. There were a rash of thefts from cars one holiday season and I saw that as a way to get rid of the trash on a non-trash day. Left two big wrapped boxes on the back seat and the doors unlocked while parked at a mall. Merry xmas m-f'ers! ;)

That is a great idea... I know a fellow who was trying to give a refrigerator that worked fine... No one would take it... He put a price tag of $25 bucks on it and it was stolen the next night...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I just had a deja vu moment - I was filling food dishes and realized that my order from chewy.com was supposed to come yesterday. I had been out in my back yard already this morning (they usually toss them over the fence per my direction) so knew it wasn't there. I double checked my tracking order - yup, it said delivered. Sheesh! In desperation I opened the front door and there they were all lined up under the window, positioned perfectly so that I couldn't see them. I have no idea what time they came last night but it must have been late! I am counting my blessings - if I was a thief and saw boxes that said chewy.com on them I think I would assume they held human grade food products, so I am very glad they didn't walk off before I found them!

John Popp

Site Supporter
Sorry Tort! Don't like criminals but I rejoice that they ended up with something other than they were expecting. May their Christmas dinner be filled with rabbit innards, 2 day old quail and dozens of pinky mice.

As for your crew, I'm sure they'll be ecstatic with whatever you put in front of them.

Treywi

April
That is a great idea... I know a fellow who was trying to give a refrigerator that worked fine... No one would take it... He put a price tag of $25 bucks on it and it was stolen the next night...

Funny how that works. My dad was telling me about a coworker who put an old couch on the curb with a free sign and it sat there for a few days. Then he changed it to a $5 sign and it was teken within an hour. lol

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Sorry Tort! Don't like criminals but I rejoice that they ended up with something other than they were expecting. May their Christmas dinner be filled with rabbit innards, 2 day old quail and dozens of pinky mice.

As for your crew, I'm sure they'll be ecstatic with whatever you put in front of them.

Sadly John, they're turning their noses up at raw food bought from the supermarket and eating very little else.