Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Anyone feeding their babies Rad Cat?

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Rafiki has been on Darwin raw pretty much since I brought her home and went thru all the raw that her breeders gave me. She only likes ground chicken or turkey. It has always concerned me that she snubs everything else. I was concerned that if she developed a food allergy, I had no back up plan. Well, Darwin changed their formula. It is now the 9th day. Neither cat will touch it. They wont even eat the kitty crack sprinkled on top. Things are not critical with Jammu because he eats chunks at night and has a bit of extra weight. Rafiki on the other hand, is rail thin and only eats the old formula Darwin. I have contacted them and they do not have any of the old formula left so doing any kind of a "transition" to new food is impossible. I have been keeping her alive thru treats, baby food and people tuna. None of this is nutritional and I am getting desperate. I do have a vet coming tomorrow to make sure that nothing else is wrong (stools are normal, she drinks water and has not thrown up). Jammu's breeder had the same issue with Darwin's change in formula and suggested I try Rad Cat. Has anyone here used it successfully? I may wind up grinding my own food but I urgently need something for the interim.

Hina

Site Supporter
Sasha eats only Radcat!!!! He doesn't care for canned food or even treats. We never really had any problems with RadCat.