Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Diarrhoea

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Question: How long have you had him and have you changed his diet from what the breeder fed him? If you changed his diet dramatically (instead of slowly introducing new food by gradually increasing the amount mixed in with his old food), diarrhea could be the result.

Very smelly diarrhea sounds like Giardia to me. From what my vet told me, depending on the stage of life of the parasite, it can be difficult to diagnose. If it is in the cystic stage, it will show up in a fecal smear. The motile (swimming) stage is more difficult to diagnose and multiple samples may be needed.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
I get Abbas last two weeks. He only feeded with can, and i only have one. So i bought purina vet diet kitten, + purina kitten vet can and i mixed with the can the breeder gave me.

Abbas have à bacteria. I have three méd to give for 5 days. Also, the vet dont want i give anymore raw meat. He think it is the reason because he have it.

My first 100$ is gone for my insurance, i will call them.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
I have Gastrointinal Health from royal canin.

Need to give:

- Fenbendazole 0.55 ml 1 time/ 5 days
- Metronidazole 2 Times by days for 10 days
- pro biotique

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Can you get more of whatever food the breeder was feeding him? My breeder gave me 2 weeks worth of food to ease the transition.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
I will try, for this weekend i will bring him to my mother house. My girlfriend she not doping well, yesterday after hospital she was good and at 3 am this night all synptom of allergic happening again. So we will try to isolat the problem.

I hope it not Abbas