Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Dino Protesting

Trishy

Site Supporter
Love his new cat perch :) Dino is such a handsome boy! More photos please :)

We have chipmunks and run a constant relocation program all summer with a hav-a-hart trap. My husband wants to start tagging them as he is sure they are finding their way back lol.

My Himalayan HATES the chipmunks and has a running feud with them. She ignores the squirrels and bunnies, but with the chipmunks it's war.

So one day she is sitting out on the screen porch and I see her as I pass by and when I go back past she is in the exact same spot, not moving. I quietly go out to see what she is staring at and there is a chipmunk a few feet away up on his hind legs staring back at her perfectly still. He sees me and SCREAMS and jumps in the air which in turn scared the heck out of the himy so she meows and jumps in the air, lol. Wished I'd have gotten it on video because you can't believe how loud chipmunks can scream.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
We had an adult deer run through our yard a few weeks ago. Highly unusual for my neighborhood. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. All the cats were on the catio and froze in place when they saw the deer, except for their tails which were a dead giveaway. POOF in quad surround sound. I really wanted to grab the camera but the deer stopped in front of the catio and was confused about an escape route. I was afraid she would try to run through the screen and into the house and I didn't want to leave the cats. It took several hours for their pupils to normalize. LOL.