Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Scam?

Anne H

Savannah Kitten
Here are the pictures she/he sent me.

Attachments

• IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 17

Anne H

Savannah Kitten
Here is their respose to my questions:

I am glad i could find such a home like yours for the little girl. My daughter is happy too, especially knowing that she will be getting updates and pictures of her darling Dolly. She is extending her greetings to your family and new friends of her love (Dolly), Don't know much about the parent since we had her as a gift but to be rest assured you will enjoy this kitten with her great personalities, We would like to know when are you expecting her home? I will like if everything is done as soon as possible because she is going through hard times without family-love and that's not fair for the little girl. Also i pay $10 daily for her sanitation,orientation and feeding. That precisely is not my problem ,what matters to me is that she should be home and feel at home. So you will have to get back to me with the following shipping details so that we can proceed with re-homing her asap.
Your full names.................................................................?
Your City and Zip code.....................................................?
The nearest airport to your location................................?(where she will be flown to,for you to pick her up when she arrives)
Your telephone number....................................................?

If you will want a door step delivery service then ,you need to provide your home address too, but i prefer you pick her up at the airport since the door step delivery might be a little costly. When i get the information i will take your details address to the airport. register her on the next available flight to your location and get back to you with the flight details. I wish you knew how much joy it gives us to know that Dolly is finally going home again.Thank you so much...................God bless you and we wish you a happy lifetime with Dolly we look forward to paying you a visit someday when we get back to the States, We will be here for 4 months.,,. Extend our warm greetings to the entire family.Tell them the good news or make it a pleasant surprise to them.Waiting to read from you ASAP. Thanks.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Here is their respose to my questions:

I am glad i could find such a home like yours for the little girl. My daughter is happy too, especially knowing that she will be getting updates and pictures of her darling Dolly. She is extending her greetings to your family and new friends of her love (Dolly), Don't know much about the parent since we had her as a gift but to be rest assured you will enjoy this kitten with her great personalities, We would like to know when are you expecting her home? I will like if everything is done as soon as possible because she is going through hard times without family-love and that's not fair for the little girl. Also i pay $10 daily for her sanitation,orientation and feeding. That precisely is not my problem ,what matters to me is that she should be home and feel at home. So you will have to get back to me with the following shipping details so that we can proceed with re-homing her asap.
Your full names.................................................................?
Your City and Zip code.....................................................?
The nearest airport to your location................................?(where she will be flown to,for you to pick her up when she arrives)
Your telephone number....................................................?

If you will want a door step delivery service then ,you need to provide your home address too, but i prefer you pick her up at the airport since the door step delivery might be a little costly. When i get the information i will take your details address to the airport. register her on the next available flight to your location and get back to you with the flight details. I wish you knew how much joy it gives us to know that Dolly is finally going home again.Thank you so much...................God bless you and we wish you a happy lifetime with Dolly we look forward to paying you a visit someday when we get back to the States, We will be here for 4 months.,,. Extend our warm greetings to the entire family.Tell them the good news or make it a pleasant surprise to them.Waiting to read from you ASAP. Thanks.

Typical - have seen it all before :rolleyes:

Kiangagirl

Savannah Super Cat
Hi am new here and hoping to find a Savannah kitten but don't want to fall for a scam. I was wondering of this woman is for real or is it a scam. This is on Craglists:

I have one sweet female that is available and she is has all her health papers. She is small and very sweet. She has been vet checked and current on shots. . She is 12 weeks old and ready to go home now and needs new home asap.

I emailed her and her response was:

Thanks for the mail and interest in the Savannah kitten. I am sorry for the delay of reply,we were busy trying to get some stuffs for our new home ,First of all here are a few pictures of her,hope you like her . She is 13 weeks old and her name Dolly. Dolly is our darling angel. We love her so much but its unfortunate that we cant even give her the love and affection we have in our hearts for her. We are on a volunteer mission to Cameroon together with the UN malaria committee ,in regards to the disease in pregnant women and children. We traveled up here together with Dolly . They wont allow Dolly into the country for reason being that, pets are not allowed into the country from other countries and i have been given a maximum of 2 weeks to send her back to the states.. So that is the reason i have to find for her a home back in the states where she will be showered with all that love and affection. Hope you wont mind if i ask you a few questions:

Do you have kids?
Do you have any experience with kittens?
Are you a breeder or will you breed her in the future if i let you have her?
Will you send us updates about her from time to time and pictures?

I am just being concerned about the type of home she will be going to ,so that is why i am curious to know. We love her so much and we want to make sure she goes to a family that will show her the affection she deserves. She is health guaranteed and will come along with all her papers, play toys, crate and food menu. She is very playful and goes along with kids and other home pets. She loves to be held and cuddled and sometimes wants all the attention for herself. So if you can stand the chance of taking her home you will only need to renew her flight ticket which will cost $250 including vaccine and crate, But i am sorry i first of all need to know the answers to my questions before i will know if we can proceed with the re-shipping arrangements.Waiting to read from you. Greetings

I'm hoping this is true but it sounds to good to be true. Does this sound like any scam anyone has come across?
It sounds like a bigtime scam to me. The first red flag I saw was the weird grammar---that is almost always indicative of a foreign national. The mention of Camaroon is pretty scary too. If it was me, I wouldn't go anywhere near this deal.

HappyS

Savannah Super Cat
I get nervous with buying anything online, and anything overseas is immediately not an option due to the mass of scammers so I'd avoid the Cameroon deal like a plague!

These scams seem to get more detailed everyday! I'm used to the "I am a Nigerian prince, I needs to give you all my monies!!! Send me your bank info and you be rich!"

My husband showed me a couple days ago a Nigerian banker sending him a detailed scam addressed to him by snail mail! I was flabbergasted but they've adapted.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Yes they have - thanks Kiangagirl and HappyS. I mean how often do you find a scammer registering for a forum and answering a poster of their scam? It did happy to us here, but will never happen again...and everything was deleted so you will not find it here.