Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Travel question

MadMike3691

Savannah Super Cat
I have a wedding to attend next week in Rhode Island. It is almost a 4 hour drive from my house in Long Island, NY. The hotel we are staying at for the weekend accepts pets. Would I be better taking my 7 month old Mika with me or leaving her home and having someone feed her? Not sure which one of us would suffer separation anxiety more, me or the cat. :(

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Things to consider in your decision making:
1. If she has not traveled well on short trips or not been in the car very much, she may not do well on a long drive;
2. Generally cats don't like change and taking her from her home may cause her stress;
3. You are at the mercy of hotel staff to ensure she doesn't get loose from the room. If she's confined in a crate while you're gone and you're busy with social stuff, why bother taking her.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I agree with Witchy - if Mika is used to traveling in the car and going places with you then you could certainly consder taking her along, but if she has been predominantly a homebody then she would probably be happier staying home and letting someone else pamper her while you are gone.

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
I agree with the others.
But I myself would NOT bring one of my Savannahs to Rhode Island since they are illegal there. AND they are fanatical about it. They once stormed a TICA show with the National Guard armed with assault rifles looking for Savannah and Bengal owners. If anything happened such as hotel staff getting bitten, they would not hesitate to confiscate and euthanize her. To me it's just not worth it.

MadMike3691

Savannah Super Cat
I agree with the others.
But I myself would NOT bring one of my Savannahs to Rhode Island since they are illegal there. AND they are fanatical about it. They once stormed a TICA show with the National Guard armed with assault rifles looking for Savannah and Bengal owners. If anything happened such as hotel staff getting bitten, they would not hesitate to confiscate and euthanize her. To me it's just not worth it.

Wow! I never even thought of that.